People and Culture Manager Switzerland and France
Job no: 612213
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Human Resources, Western Europe, People Manager
Are you a highly motivated HR leader looking for an opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives? Cochlear, the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, is hiring a People and Culture Manager for Switzerland and France to support the growth in patients gaining access to implantable devices, helping people of all ages to lead full and active lives.
This position is an essential member of the Cochlear HR team across EMEA where your knowledge and support will help our customers to hear and be heard.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by bringing your experience in HR.
Who You Are:
The role of P&C Manager, Switzerland & France is responsible to provide P&C leadership for our organisations in Switzerland and France. The ideal candidate will contribute both at hands-on and strategic levels to ensure the continued development of a high performing culture. This is a full-time role located in our Basel office.
In this position, you will partner with middle/senior managers and teams to develop and execute the P&C strategies that underpin the effectiveness of our Swiss and French organisations. You must understand business priorities and translate them into a P&C agenda that supports people and teams in a fast-paced environment. The P&C manager lives Cochlear’s HEAR behaviours, challenging management and colleagues to drive our Mission.
Accountability 1: Business Partnering
- Act as a business partner with management teams to understand business strategies, diagnose current organization performance, and develop/implement plans to build the organization capabilities, support growth and develop innovative changes.
- Member of CFRA Management Team, member of CAG Health Team, & CAG senior management cohort
- Push CFRA/CAG management to develop their people and organisation; contribute to the development of strategy & priorities of the Basel & Toulouse site.
Accountability 2: Capabilities Identification and Development
- In collaboration with the EMEA Talent acquisition team, identify, for each recruitment, what are the critical capabilities and define the best sourcing strategy. Partner with leaders to ensure hired candidates can add to their team’s capabilities and our organization culture.
- Partner with Head of P&C for EMEA & Latin America to identify organization capability gaps, designing development programs, delivering such programs, and assessing improvement.
- Partner with L&D Manager to plan and execute events and programs to support and further develop Cochlear’s positive culture, celebrating respective growth and success.
Accountability 3: Culture and Change agent
- Connect with all levels of employees to ensure Cochlear continues to provide suitable work environment(s) whilst providing feedback to leadership on the opportunities to enhance the company’s culture
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees
- Encourage managers to invest in L&D and lead active performance management, encouraging managers to be pro-active in their decision-making
Accountability 4: P&C support
- Oversee and deliver P&C leadership for CFRA/CAG including T&Cs of employment, general working practices (eg including COVID guidance)
- Manage end-to-end employee life cycle, including recruiting, onboarding, development, payroll and exits.
- Support investigation of employee grievances and employee issues that are raised with P&C
- Provide development and assistance to managers, team leaders and employees in the understanding and the use of P&C systems and processes.
- Member of EMEA P&C team, contributing to ideas and delivery of improved regional and global P&C practices and systems
- Contribute ideas on systems and process methods (local, regional and global) to improve deliverables
Accountability 5: Other General Responsibilities
Gather relevant P&C data and qualitative information, and undertake analysis to prepare reports in areas such as recruitment, terminations, workforce demographics and other topics;
Team Role (Individual contributor):
- Follow and develop relevant procedures in order to ensure the implementation of continuous improvement.
- When the opportunity arises, undertake additional quality responsibilities (e.g. internal audit) when appropriately trained.
- Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables.
- Work safely, complying with all safety procedures, rules and instructions; and reporting workplace hazards, incidents or injuries to manager.
Key Incumbent requirements:
Qualifications, background experience, knowledge, organizational knowledge, knowledge of other business activities, skills etc.
- BA/BS Degree.
- 5-10 years of progressively responsible HR experience required.
- Strong knowledge and experience of French labor law
- English and French - fluent written and spoken
- Experience in a commercial or operations environment in a P&C role;
- Track record of coaching of people managers to bring about improvements to employee engagement and coaching of new people managers
- Able to coach people managers in all HR processes i.e. recruitment, performance management, grievances, remuneration
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry
- Experience in training facilitation
- Payroll knowledge
- German language
Working for Cochlear:
For 40 years, Cochlear has been creating reliable products that continue to keep people connected to the world and to each other. We help people of all ages to hear in more than 180 countries around the world. Our technology connects people to life's possibilities and to the people who matter most. We have over 4000 employees globally dedicated to improving people's lives. To date, we have Invested over $2bil to date in research and development.
Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – The global leader in implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
Advertised: Romance Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: Romance Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now