IT Business Analyst
Job no: 612261
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
At Cochlear, hearing is our passion. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
The IT Business Analyst is an exciting role that serves as a truly valued advisor in helping business stakeholders, product owners and delivery teams to analyse and evaluate business systems and provide strategic and operational recommendations. The Business Analyst role is responsible for modelling requirements and defining scope and objectives to ultimately drive and deliver sustainable value to the business.
- Use modelling toolsets and techniques to analyse and define requirements by decomposing work with guidance from the Product Owner to deliver value.
- Enable the Product Owner, Delivery Manager, immediate development team and the broader organisation to prioritise and plan work, and manage dependencies by analysing the requirements, gathering data and articulating key information.
- Evaluate business processes, elicit requirements, uncover areas for improvement and work with delivery team to develop and implement the right solutions.
- Articulate cost, budget, solution requirements to contribute to the Business Outcome Document (business case).
- Participate in the evaluation of new or changed technology solutions to determine gaps and the degree of functional fit with Cochlear current and desired target business processes.
- Work with the designated Change Manager to assist in the preparation of change and communication materials. Maintain an understanding of Change Management practices.
- Assist delivery managers, other business analysts, solution designers, developers and team members by providing support and consultative advice.
Key Role Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Computing or Engineering
- Strong business analysis background, with an ability to focus on the most important facts and identify dependencies.
- 2+ years of experience in Digital or E-commerce projects
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- High energy, motivated performer
- Working knowledge of BABOK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) and Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, researching, evaluating and recommending new solutions.
- High standards to deliver excellence
- Demonstrated critical thinking
- Post Graduate qualification e.g. business administration, business management, computer and information science.
- Undertaking Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification or other BA industry certifications
- Knowledge of the Healthcare industry
- Experience in integration, middleware and enterprise systems (CRM, ERP)
- Experience working with a virtual team
- Experience working with large stakeholder teams
Development Value of this role:
- Opportunity to work with a global organisation spanning sales in over 100 countries, with operations teams based in the United States, throughout Europe and the Asia Pacific region.
- Opportunity to play a key role in transforming the IT function to deliver value faster and more frequently.
- Opportunity to work with the business to gain exposure to business process and facilitate the improvement of business processes globally.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now