Job no: 612273
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: IT, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Malaysia provides shared services to support Cochlear's global operations. The growing team of professionals in Malaysia provides critical support in areas such as IT infrastructure and applications, development and testing, business intelligence development and support, procurement, customer service, service and repairs and returned device analysis engineering.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to work in our Global IT Shared Services at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. You will be responsible to identify and action automation opportunities across existing infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines and platforms to maintain optimal system performance. You will be also responsible to develop and deliver efficient/repeatable infrastructure through the latest orchestration tools and Infrastructure as code practices and improve service levels by implementing high performance, highly available, highly resilient and secure systems by design.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Partner and consult with technology teams (Development, Operations, Testing, Security) to ensure alignment on solutions
- Provide technical coaching and guidance to team members to build organizational capability on DevOps practices
- Educate and uplift DevOps capability across the DevOps practice
- Work on global projects that make a difference for Cochlear business partners and customers.
- Excellent knowledge in implementing end-to-end deployment pipelines including an understanding of DevSecOps principles, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, container platforms and system monitoring with sound knowledge of the infrastructure stack used to provide private and public cloud services.
- Experienced in cloud build, test deployment and release automation
- Amazon Web Services experience with EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, API Gateway, Lambda
- Infrastructure automation using AWS CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience in Linux
- Experience in network, server, and application status monitoring
- Expert knowledge of code deployment tools and software development methodologies
Why is this role right for you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering
- 4+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role
- Industry certification in relevant technologies and/or equivalent industry experience
- Experience working with Cloud platforms and technologies
- Exposure to Amazon Cloud with integration experience
- Virtual networking exposure
- Exposure to Linux platform and Terraform
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now