Senior Information Security Consultant
Job no: 612276
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
At Cochlear we are passionate about hearing. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. We Offer Challenging Work with Real Meaning
The work we do at Cochlear helps people with hearing loss to connect to others and live full lives.
To help us grow we now require for a Senior Information Security Consultant in our IT department. In this role you will help Cochlear to realise its mission by helping to identify and manage IT risks in support of the Cochlear's growth objectives. You will contribute to conversations at all levels of the enterprise and play a critical role in translating complex technical and operational information into simple business language. You will be a seasoned information security professional with extensive consulting experience and a proficiency in multi-tasking across numerous assignments simultaneously.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the corporate strategy by applying information security thought leadership to deliver pragmatic solutions to business problems in a clear and articulate manner.
- Undertake formal risk assessments to identify and document threats to Cochlear's business interests along with cost-effective mitigation controls in line with the Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Provide authoritative expertise and advice across a range of national and international standards and information security best practices.
- Manage complex and challenging projects to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Cochlear's information assets.
- Produce solution architecture documentation for information security initiatives and facilitate approval by relevant stakeholders.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow, we are looking for people with highly specialised skills who share our passion for changing the lives of our customers.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Minimum of 10 years commercial experience in Information Technology, with at least 5 years specialising in a Senior Information Security role.
- Applicable industry certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM).
- A deep understanding of Risk Management principles and frameworks.
- A solid understanding of enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF) and security architecture frameworks (e.g. SABSA).
- Experience working with relevant industry standards and guidelines including ISO 27000, PCI-DSS, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ITIL, COBIT, Privacy, etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of Internet and network security systems and tools including firewalls, load balancers, WAFs IDP, PKI and remote access systems.
- Experience with VMware, Microsoft, UNIX and Linux Operating Systems.
- Exposure to private & public Cloud platforms (i.e. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, AWS, Azure).
We Reward Performance and Offer Flexible Benefits
To help us attract and retain people with the right skills we aim to pay competitively in the health science and technology markets.
We offer flexible and adaptable benefits that you can tailor to suit your individual needs. Our flexible benefits include:
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary sacrifice options
- Novated leasing
- Employee support services
- Cochlear Advantage employee discount program
- Educational assistance (conditions apply)
- Flexible work policy
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today #cochlearcareers
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now