Senior Cyber Security Consultant
Job no: 612277
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
At Cochlear we are passionate about hearing. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Cyber Security Consultant within our IT department. Working within a continually changing business and technology landscape, the Senior Cyber Security Consultant plays a crucial role in identifying and managing organisational risks in support of the organisation’s growth objectives.
In this role you will provide thought leadership and technical support across all cyber security services to ensure Cochlear’s information assets are appropriately protected and information owners are kept informed of increasing cyber security threats.
Working within a global organisation as part of a multi-disciplined team, you will be charged with designing and implementing pragmatic but effective cyber security defences for the organisation. You will contribute to conversations at all levels of the organisation and play a critical role in translating complex technical and operational information into simple business language.
To add value to Cochlear as a Senior Cyber Security Consultant you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree qualified in a related IT discipline.
- Applicable certifications (e.g. CISSP, SSCP, GIAC, CEH, OSCP)
- Minimum of 10 years commercial experience in Information Technology, with at least 5 years specialising in Information security.
- Exposure to industry standard security frameworks (e.g. HIPAA, PCI DSS, NIST, ISO, ISF).
- Demonstrated expert knowledge on software security frameworks, requirements and threat analysis including application of OWASP tools and strategies.
- Hands-on experience performing security incident response
- Excellent working knowledge of Internet and network security systems and tools including firewalls, load balancers, WAFs, IDP, PKI and remote access systems.
- Hands-on experience undertaking application & infrastructure penetration testing.
- Familiarity with a variety of security tools including vulnerability scanners, SIEM, DLP, Internet content filtering, etc.
- Experience with VMware, Microsoft, PLC, UNIX and Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience implementing security controls on private & public Cloud platforms (i.e. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, AWS, Azure).
- Proficiency in one or more scripting and automation languages: PowerShell, Bash & Python preferred.
- A solid understanding of enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF) and security architecture frameworks (e.g. SABSA).
- Experience presenting secure coding content to developers
We offer flexible and adaptable benefits that you can tailor to suit your individual needs. Our flexible benefits include Salary continuance insurance, Salary sacrifice options, Novated leasing, Employee support services, Cochlear Advantage employee discount program, Educational assistance (conditions apply) and Flexible work policy. Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now