Job no: 612287
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard.
This exciting role is to work in a cross functional agile team, providing the necessary ongoing development, support and improvement of Cochlear’s software applications in a continuous delivery environment.
- Be apart and follow the development process as outlined by the software engineering team.
- Ensure developed solutions are well designed, testable, and efficiently written within specified timeframes.
- Analyse, review and alter application to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Follow DevOps best practice for development, such as automation and CI/CD.
- Understand customer needs and translate them into application designs taking account of environment, performance & security requirements and existing systems.
- Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Collaborate with team members and participate in design activities.
- Implement innovative improvements and engage the appropriate parties to undertake the work required in implementing those improvements.
- Work closely with team members to implement and support integration between different technologies and developed applications.
- Recreate steps taken by user to locate source of application issues and remediate errors.
- Ensure technical requests are addressed within established SLAs and OLAs.
- Follow DevOps best practice in operations, such as monitoring the telemetries, infrastructure as code, and low ops.
- Tertiary qualification relevant field of computing (for example, Software Engineering, Computer Science, IT) or at least 5 years’ experience in a full lifecycle commercial software development environment.
- 3+ years’ experience building complex applications for cloud, using web-based development platforms and languages, e.g. NodeJS, Python, Java, AWS Lambda
- 1+ years’ experience with CI/CD automation in a DevOps environment.
- 1+ years’ experience with cloud-hosted technologies such as AWS, as well as cloud infrastructure automation tools such as CloudFormation, Ansible.
- 3+ years’ experience as a software developer/engineer.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Agile and DevOps development practices
- Experience in application containerisation, e.g. Docker, Kubernette
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Content management system such as Sitecore
- Use of Atlassian tools for software development
Development Value of this role:
- Work on global projects that make a difference for Cochlear business partners and customers helping develop the latest technologies.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now