Technical Lead (Cloud)
Job no: 612291
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
We are seeking a permanent full time Technical Lead (Cloud) to join our development team to work on software that help transform the lives of our recipients.
The Technical Lead engages with both the business and technical team, and is responsible for providing leadership within the delivery team by championing DevOps best practices and engineering standards, providing technical direction for solution design, development and integration. The technical lead participates in all phases of the project lifecycle, enabling consistent delivery of business value to our customers.
You are an excellent communicator with a strong technical background, and you will focus on building and maintaining web-based software solutions within an Agile and DevOps environment. You will work in a cross-functional agile team that provides the autonomy and control needed to shape product direction and ensure the continued success of the products you work on.
What you will bring to the role!
- Tertiary qualification relevant field of computing (for example, Software Engineering, Computer Science, IT) or at least 8 years’ experience in a full lifecycle commercial software engineering environment.
- Demonstrated experience of technical leadership within a cross-functional team.
- 5+ years’ experience designing and building complex applications for cloud, using web-based development platforms and languages, e.g., NodeJS, Python, Java, AWS Lambda.
- 2+ years’ experience with building CI/CD automation in a DevOps environment.
- 2+ years’ experience with cloud-hosted technologies such as AWS, as well as cloud infrastructure automation tools such as CloudFormation, Ansible.
- 2+ years’ experience as a senior software engineer or technical lead, leading the technical direction of products.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Agile and DevOps development practices.
- Experience designing and implementing APIs, AWS API gateway, microservices and RESTful architectures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with other project team members.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving capability.
- Significant experience across a breadth of technologies, languages and platforms.
- Experience in application containerisation, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Content management system such as Sitecore.
- Use of Atlassian tools for software development
- Provide technical leadership, engage team members and lead software design activities across multiple technology disciplines with a focus on outcome and long-term strategic alignment.
- Provide consulting service to business, and engage external vendors to perform technical due diligence
- Engage business in design workshops to understand customer needs and translate them into end-to-end application designs taking account of environment, performance & security requirements and existing systems.
- Maintain and contribute to the organisational software engineering standards based on long term strategic intent.
- Utilise a thorough understanding of Cochlear’s business and customers to challenge requirements and drive solutions that set new standards in the market
- Take the lead in improving process and product documentation, review procedures and policies.
- Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Engage in side-projects to contribute innovative ideas to areas outside key responsibility.
- Introduce new technologies to software products that provide innovative solutions to business and customer needs.
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now