Director, Practice Portfolio
Job no: 612296
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Change Management, IT, Asia Pacific, Manager of Managers
Cochlear (ASX: COH) is an iconic Australian company, Synonyms for over 35 years with innovation and class leading technology development in implantable hearing solutions. Operating with a global remit, we are seeking a Strategic leader with an enterprise level mindset to drive the optimisation of our portfolio practice, standards, procedures, assurance, and tools, facilitating IT Transformation.
About the role
As part of the broader IT function and reporting to the Vice President of Continuous Delivery, you will have the opportunity to lead the following activities.
- Lead practice members to continuously improve Portfolio Practice standards, procedures, and processes, to ensure they reflect fit for purpose practice.
- Ensure that the capabilities, including of business analysis, initiative delivery, portfolio management, agile, etc. have clear learning paths and are available to all practice members. This is to enhance the practices of shaping work with key stakeholders across our highly integrated business.
- Lead practice members to regularly perform assurance reviews and maintain the Portfolio assurance reporting to ensure Portfolio Practice standards, procedures and processes are being followed.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Continuous Delivery to ensure the practice achieves key deliverables, promoting an outcome orientated culture through Ways of Working.
- Support review of at-risk initiatives and ensure professional guidance, expertise, and recommendations to address concerns is available, to minimise disruption and take corrective action
- Build leadership capability of all practice members, coaching and actively promoting authentic leadership development, so that everyone delivers the highest quality products and services.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and track record as a ways of working ambassador and continuous improvement evangelist
- Significant experience coaching, partnering and influencing across all levels of a complex environment, ideally in either in Health Sciences, medical device or a technology driven, customer oriented organisation.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and negotiation skills with the ability to consult and enable change
- Proven track record of delivery with a strong outcome and achievement orientation
- Passion, belief and commitment to Portfolio, Delivery, agile capabilities and methodologies.
- Familiarity with portfolio tools (JIRA, PPM, Confluence, MS Teams and Tableau)
Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now