Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation Specialist
Job no: 612297
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Human Resources, Manufacturing & Logistics, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
We are seeking an Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation Specialist, reporting to the Global Safety & Wellness Lead based in our Global Headquarters in Sydney. In this role, the successful Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation Specialist will contribute in driving the strategic initiative of injury prevention through early intervention processes and process improvement and assist in driving a culture that supports Cochlear’s commitment to the Health, Safety and Wellbeing of our employees and others. This is a part time role (3 days a week)
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and lead the implementation of effective safety and injury prevention and management initiatives through the review and analysis of processes across Cochlear Sydney sites
- Provide advice and assistance to the business regarding the health and safety of the workplace, processes, workplace incidents or immediate risk to health and safety in the workplace
- Provide expertise to the business regarding injury prevention and management trends
- Liaise with external stakeholders including medical, allied health professionals, external injury management and workers compensation/insurance personnel.
- Effectively manage injury and illness and provide education to the business in relation to recover at work and insurance benefits for work and non-work-related injury and illness,
- Support the early intervention program and contribute to its continued improvement.
- Engage and educate all stakeholders in the Early Intervention Program, promoting an understanding of injury prevention methods and strategies.
- Work with the Global Safety and Wellness Lead to establish and manage appropriate educational programs in Workplace Health and Safety and deliver associated training
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Allied health, Occupational Therapy, Exercise Physiology, or similar
- 3-5 years’ experience in Injury Management/ WHS role
- Hold a NSW Return to Work coordinator accreditation
- Demonstrated ability to consult with, and influence stakeholders
- Have a collaborative approach to working with others
- Communicate clearly and effectively, actively listen and manage issues with respect, confidence and confidentiality
- Have a well-developed understanding of the WHS and Workers Compensation legislations, employer obligations and execution of duty of care
- Practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
In turn, you will have the unique opportunity to work at Global Headquarters and influence the strategy by contributing to early intervention initiatives, safety and design and keeping stakeholders updated and upskilled with evidence-based practices.
Working for Cochlear:
For 40 years, Cochlear has been creating reliable products that continue to keep people connected to the world and to each other. We help people of all ages to hear in more than 180 countries around the world. Our technology connects people to life's possibilities and to the people who matter most. We have over 4000 employees globally dedicated to improving people's lives. To date, we have Invested over $2bil to date in research and development.
Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – The global leader in implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered, and qualified candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now