Senior Firmware Verification and Validation Engineer
Job no: 612302
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled), Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Are you good at what you do? If so, imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to work with Cochlear; an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Firmware Verification & Validation Engineer with experience in testing hardware-based systems and technical project management, to contribute to our growing and experienced R&D team. You will be working with a collaborative and diverse group of people, responsible for the coordination of tasks and managing small projects and offshore vendors.
This is a permanent role based in our global headquarters in Macquarie University.
Why is this role right for you?
- You are degree qualified in Electrical, Electronics, Software Engineering or similar
- You have tested complex products that consist of systems across desktop, App and cloud based software, firmware and hardware.
- Sound capabilities in coding using Python, C, Java, C++ or C# with experience in audio and speech DSP firmware design and implementation
- You have worked with design and quality control principles with a preference in medical device, automotive or similar industries
- You are diplomatic, a good influencer and enjoy working with cutting edge application standards contributing purposefully to product development
- You take ownership of delivery of verification of a product, including inputs to the project manager regarding resourcing, timing and dependencies
- You have an eye for detail and can provide quality documentation required for regulatory submissions; from requirement setting to global submission
- Develop tests for Firmware (microcontroller & Digital Signal Processing) Verification and Validation
- Implement tests and frameworks using python, or other relevant programming language, for firmware verification against requirements
- Generate and maintain inputs (including V&V plan) and outputs (including documents and results) of verification and validation activities
- Strategize, plan, estimate and lead FW V&V deliveries together with sub-component project team
- Deliver the V&V components of product releases by leading & managing small to medium projects or subtasks within the team from start to finish
- Develop, evaluate and improve tests, test methods, test framework and test tools
- Collaborate and influence across multiple teams to ensure good quality delivery of V&V activities
- Lead and manage both onsite and offshore partner (contracted) V&V resources to ensure project and product V&V deliverables are met
If you enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive environment then you won’t be disappointed working for Cochlear. This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day to Hear Now, And Always.
Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now