Senior Systems Verification and Validation Engineer
Job no: 612302
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Verification and Validation Engineer to join our global headquarters in Macquarie University on a 12-months fixed term contract.
The Senior Systems Verification and Validation Engineer ensures that high quality products are delivered on time to our customers by defining, planning, executing and reporting system, software or firmware verification and validation (V&V) tests as needed to meet the product plan.
- Take ownership of and be accountable for the end-to-end definition, execution and delivery of System V&V assignments, including the satisfactory performance and quality of output of work produced by other involved parties such as external V&V contractors or internal supporting staff
- Collaborate and influence across multiple project teams and stakeholders to ensure good quality delivery of V&V activities
- Deliver the V&V components of product releases by managing small to medium projects, work packages or subtasks within the team from start to finish
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of V&V capabilities by developing, improving and deploying excellent system, software and firmware V&V skills, processes, tools, and equipment
- Deliver test automation and test automation frameworks using Python, C/C++, Java Script or other programming languages for the purpose of verification and validation
- Plan, install, maintain and keep in calibration the verification and validation equipment needed to conduct verification and validation tasks
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- University degree in Electrical, Electronics, Software Engineering or similar
- Over 4 years’ experience in system testing or Engineering, and/or software, firmware and Hardware testingSkilled in cross-functional thinking and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in, or knowledge and understanding of, test automation
What will make you stand out?
- Proven track record of leading complex System Engineering and/or System Verification activities
- Sound capabilities in project or task management within an Agile environment
- Experience and understanding of medical device testing
- Experience and understanding of Cochlear’s software and systems
- Experience and understanding of electronics and electronic test equipment
- Experience with the development of products within a Product Design/Development framework or the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience in coding firmware or signal processing design and implementation
- Gain knowledge of Cochlear’s V&V processes and experience in contributing to process improvement
- Gain a wider and deeper understanding of the design of Cochlear’s systems and components
- Learn how to lead, negotiate, and motivate other people
- Have direct contact with and see impact of your work on end users
- Become a technical expert and mentor, and V&V process champion
- Direct involvement with various internal stakeholders, including senior managers
- Flexible working arrangement
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now