Senior Software Verification Engineer
Job no: 612303
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Are you good at what you do? If so, imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to work with Cochlear; an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Verification Engineer with expertise in testing software-based systems whilst utilising automation to best advantage, to contribute to our growing and experienced R&D team. You will be working with a collaborative and diverse group of people reporting to an energetic manager who has your best interest at heart.
This is a permanent full-time role based in our global headquarters in Macquarie university.
- Take ownership of and be accountable for the end-to-end definition, execution of verification of customer facing, medical software solutions running on iOS, Android, and cloud services - and their interconnections.
- Perform testing across all test cycles; Integration, Verification, Regression and Validation. Drive and perform exploratory testing.
- Identify and co-ordinate the best means of verification from a quality and business case mentality: Execute manual testing where required, with an eye to moving what is feasible to automated testing. Where not feasible to automate, utilise the best workforce to complete considering internal and external resources and skillset.
- Develop and document software test plans and protocols.
- Report issues, test fixes and generate test reports through established systems.
- Engage with the collaborative team culture, share ideas and experiences, and be open and available to the suggestions of others in the team.
- Work closely with small groups (including external contractors) to develop system and software features.
Why is this role right for you?
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field of computing (for example, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Informatics) OR
- At least 6 years’ experience in a full lifecycle commercial software development environment.
- 4+ years leading testing of complex applications for customer facing mobile and server platforms.
- Passion for verification and product quality, great attention to detail
- Solid understanding of test methodologies, and System Integration Testing and SDLC with the demonstrated ability to define test conditions for given requirements
- Experience in interface testing, performance testing, and automation testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with other project team members
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development practices.
What will make you stand out?
- Experience in software development, particularly mobile apps or backend development.
- Experience in test automation development.
- Experience with testing Bluetooth LE systems or wireless connectivity systems.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry e.g. medical devices is preferred.
If you enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive environment, then you won’t be disappointed working for Cochlear. This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day to Hear Now, And Always.
Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now