Head of Group Risk & Assurance
Job no: 612306
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Finance, Quality & Regulatory, Oceania, Manager of Managers, Business Analysis/Requirements
Cochlear (ASX: COH) is an iconic Australian company, synonymous for over 35 years with innovation and class leading technology development in implantable hearing solutions. Operating with a global remit, we are seeking an experienced Risk and Assurance leader to join our Sydney-based global finance team.
Critical to your success will be your ability to provide strategic leadership and governance to our Audit Committee and Executive Leadership team, offering pragmatic commercial solutions whilst ensuring compliance with corporate governance principles and ASX requirements.
About the role
As part of a compact, collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to lead the following activities.
- Ensure Cochlear’s strategic goals are accurately identified, captured and reflected in the ongoing optimisation of the global Enterprise Risk Management framework
- Influence and lead discussion with the Executive Team and Audit Committee to Champion the change management process associated with the development of a global risk register to ensure alignment amongst internal stakeholders
- Develop risk management tools, practices and policies to effectively inform and embed the Enterprise Risk Management framework and its consistent adoption globally
- Liaise directly with the Audit Committee chair to ensure open communication lines for discussion of, urgent, high level risks, risk appetite and key global controls.
- Lead the uplift of the audit capabilities of the internal audit function globally, ensuring best practice is applied and a rigorous approach to the reporting of findings to aid commercial and strategic decisions
- Work with external advisers and internal functions to complete the development of the Business Continuity Plan and play a lead role in ensuring its delivery
- Work in partnership with the CFO to assess, provide counsel and make recommendations with regard to the appropriate insurance strategy for the global business
- Provide leadership and development opportunities for a small team of dedicated professionals
- Relevant undergraduate degree, MBA and or CA / CPA qualified
- Significant experience partnering and influencing executive management (including Board level) in a global, complex environment either in, or consulting to, publicly listed organisations
- Excellent communication, facilitation and negotiation skills and able to explain complex compliance and risk concepts to business unit leaders.
- Proven experience in developing and managing organisational processes across multiple functions/jurisdictions
- Proactive, with demonstrated experience in planning and delivering outcomes through global, matrixed structures, ideally with exposure to externally audited manufacturing business units.
- Proven experience in using formal decision-making frameworks with an ability to effectively work through change management
Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now