Location: Chengdu, China
Position Overview / Purpose
The role is responsible for supporting the Senior Manager, People & Culture in coordinating and managing local P&C full function supporting to CCD team. Such as Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, My Performance Pathway, Learning & Development, P&C Operation and Employee Relations. This position is responsible for supporting CCD team in understanding and complying with People & Culture policies and procedures. This position plays an important role in providing a service-oriented approach and is the first point of contact for People & Culture administration issues, questions and concerns on site.
Accountability 1: Ensure recruitment, selection and integration process can deliver skilled employees in line with the business requirements.
Accountability 2: Payroll and remuneration/benefits processing and maintaining employee records
Accountability 3: Maintain high levels of HR data integrity to ensure employee and organizational data is current. Work with People Advisory Services team to ensure employee data in Oracle and Workforce Planning is accurate and updated.
Accountability 4: Manage individual employment relations cases. Handle and resolve individual employment relations cases as tier one contact in line with HEAR behaviours and Cochlear policies, including performance, conduct and fitness for work issues.
Accountability 5: Manage escalated employee or manager requests. Effectively and efficiently understand and resolve requests from employees and managers, which require advice outside of our current policy and processes
Accountability 6: Ensure relevant policies and legal instruments are applied in all HR day to day activities. Handle P&C documentation or application regarding to local government. Provide HR administration and support across a variety of processes and programs including Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, My Performance Pathway, Learning & Development, Mobility, P&C Operation and Employee Relations.
Accountability 7: Identify and champion continuous improvement opportunities. Continually look for opportunities for the People & Culture team to work more effectively and have greater impact in the business. Share these ideas and move them forward to implement.
Key Incumbent requirements:
• Communication collaboration and change management
• Planning and execution, agility
• Decision making and prioritisation
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability, detail oriented, integrity, quick learner and good team player.
• Demonstrated ability to keep information confidential and commitment to produce high quality work.
Knowledge and skills
• Project management
• Ability to work across teams and boundaries
• Fluent in Mandarin and English ability-workable
• Knowledge of labor laws and related regulations.
- Experience in employee relationship are preferred
- HR working experience in Medical Device Industry
- Fluent in English language, both written and oral
- Being people-oriented, customer focus, confident and self-motivated with growth mindset.
Development Value of this role:
- Contribute to shaping Cochlear Culture at a new site.
- Opportunity to work across organization.
- Contribute to the One Cochlear P&C direction toward consistency, standardisation & compliance.