Senior Software Engineer
Job no: 612355
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Western Europe, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our development team to work on desktop apps that help transform the lives of our recipients. You will have a strong technical background and your role will focus on desktopvapp development, but you will be given opportunities to listen to the customer and help transform our products to respond to customer needs. You will work in a highly agile cross-functional team that provides the autonomy and control needed to shape product direction and ensure the continued success of the products you work on.
What you will bring to the role!
- Master in software / biomedical engineering or equivalent with 3 to 5 years of experience in a full lifecycle commercial software development environment
- Good knowledge of common software design philosophies (e.g. object-oriented design)
- Good level of experience with C++
- Experience with C# and with developing Windows desktop client applications
- Familiar with Agile development environments and scrum
- Good writing skills for purposes of design and code documentation
- Ability to have a broad perspective on technical development
- Working knowledge of the English language
- Develop software within an Agile development framework based on best practices.
- Develop software libraries in C++.
- Develop software components in C# (.NET + WPF) for the user to interact with the lower level drivers/libraries.
- Using the above to create software that focus on exceptional quality and user-centric design principles.
- Write and maintain technical documentation.
- Contribute to architectural design of the platforms, products, systems and Cochlear software ecosystem.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure a credible understanding of the user and business needs and translate this into exceptional software.
- To provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to help resolve customer issues.
- Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
In Mechelen, we create innovative technology and platforms that are at the heart of Cochlear’s growth. We serve our internal customers, who are Cochlear Implant, Acoustic and Bone Conduction, and help them to develop a range of hearing implants products at the forefront of technology.
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: W. Europe Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: W. Europe Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now