Senior Electrical Engineer
Job no: 612382
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Western Europe, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people Hear and Be Heard.
Our Platforms & Technologies Team (Advanced Innovation, R&D) based in Mechelen, is currently looking on a permanent basis for a Senior Electrical Engineer.
The main mission of the Senior Electrical Engineer is to contribute to the development of new concepts and designs for implantable (acoustic) technologies towards commercial launch. You will work in small, motivated and dynamic project teams that are focussed on delivering implantable components to enable the next generations of Cochlear’s products.
The role is responsible for specification, design, prototyping, characterisation and verification of safe and effective electrical hardware for hearing implant systems compliant with quality, regulatory and manufacturing requirements. You will take ownership of electrical work packages within projects and be accountable for progressing and tracking these, taking initative to resolve issues or escalate where needed.
- Identify user needs and electrical design requirements for implantable components based on cross-functional inputs (systems, (bio)mechanical, firmware, ASIC)
- Develop design concepts and define critical questions to be evaluated to confirm requirements can be met and the design will meet user needs
- Design electrical circuit schematics and PCB layouts
- Conduct and lead engineering analysis activities including brainstorming, concept generation, risk analysis, DFMEA’s and design reviews
- Interact with the manufacturing team to plan prototype builds and draft inspection plans
- Identify and develop test methods, jigs and setups for characterisation and verification of electrical designs and manufactured components
- Prepare and execute test plans, test protocols and reports to ensure safety and efficacy of devices
- Understand, follow and where needed suggest improvements to current V&V processes and procedures.
- Plan, monitor, manage and report on work packages within projects, maintaining close communication with project managers to enable successful project delivery
- Collaborate and influence across multiple teams to ensure good quality delivery of the activities
- Electrical Engineering Master or Professional Bachelor degree or equivalent by experience
- 3 years post-qualification design and development experience
- Experience with electrical CAD tools - schematic capture, simulation and PCB layout
- Knowledge and experience of electrical test principles and practices
- Interest in implantable medical device design
- Ability to plan, organise, implement and control tasks towards a goal
- Pragmatic problem solver of difficult problems and producer of solutions outside the standard procedure
- Strong inter-personal skills, team player
- Understanding of V&V principles
- Strong self and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: W. Europe Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now