Job no: 612473
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Administration, Oceania, Individual Contributor
At Cochlear, hearing is our passion. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Facilities Maintenance Officer. In this exciting role you will coordinate ongoing maintenance and improvements of our Cochlear Brisbane Office (CBO) buildings including furniture and fittings, services and environment.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Respond to internal ‘Service Portal’ help requests and action accordingly, providing a prompt and reliable service to all employees within requested priority rating.
- Assist Facilities Coordinator with supervision of maintenance contractors such as electrical, HVAC and plumbing trades to maintain a high-level working environment.
- Undertake regular building audits to identify repairs and maintenance issues to be acted upon proactively.
- Assist with the coordination of small capital works projects; such electrical installs, medical gas, plumbing and AV installations.
- Assist with M&C related work when necessary and as directed by Facility Coordinator.
- Light bulb changes.
- Coordinating electrical trade contractors.
- Tap washers, blocked drains, etc.
- Coordinating plumbing trade contractors.
General Handyman Work:
- Patching walls.
- Moving and fixing furniture.
- Installation of shelving, cabinetry, brackets, signage, etc.
- Maintaining of meeting rooms.
- Site signage maintenance.
- Car mark maintenance.
Site Maintenance Work:
- Cleaning air-conditioning outlet vents/filters.
- Gardening and grounds maintenance.
- Workstation moves/alterations for Production.
- Support non-prod equipment installation.
- Assist with office re-layout and fit outs.
Key Role Requirements:
- Good knowledge of building code requirements and safety procedures.
- Experience working in the Facilities Management industry.
- Trade qualifications and experience (Electrical, A/C, mechanical or a similar fields).
- Experience working in a highly regulated manufacturing environments.
- Experience in computerised maintenance management system (i.e. SAP, Oracle Maximo, Mainpac)
- Exposure to consultative safety committees.
Development Value of this role:
- Communication skills from contact with many stakeholders across all business units.
- Opportunity to work across organisation as part of a national team.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now