Senior Manager, Research - Algorithms & Applications
Job no: 612487
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Program/Project Management, Western Europe, People Manager
Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Would you also like to apply your research, software and leadership skills to make such an impact? If so, please join us to shape the future of implantable hearing solutions as we are tackling complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Research – Algorithms and Applications for Cochlear’s Mechelen site. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions for patients with a disabling hearing loss. Thanks to our expertise and dedication, more than 600.000 persons with a disabling hearing loss have rejoined the hearing world. Given current low adoption rates, the growth potential of our company is bright.
Advanced Innovation, part of our Research and Development division focuses on Cochlear’s 10 years horizon. Its Algorithms & Applications department researches sound coding algorithms delivering better hearing outcomes, novel precision diagnostics and innovative treatment pathways, streamlining the care model and empowering the user through connectivity and cloud solutions.
As Senior Manager, Research – Algorithms and Applications,
- you further build a highly effective research team (+/- 15 researchers, SW engineers and audiologists) focused on fast, structure learning, technology de-risking and IP generation;
- you program manage the global A&A research portfolio, assisting the department head with tracking research milestones;
- you are accountable for the roadmap of research tools and investigational devices and interact with other R&D departments to align on execution models and resourcing;
- you participate and contribute to the A&A management team;
- you manage the local department budget.
Working for Cochlear Technology Centre, Mechelen, Belgium:
Cochlear Technology Centre is Cochlear’s largest Research & Development department outside Australia. Our enthusiastic colleagues work in a multidisciplinary setting to develop new technologies, products and manufacturing processes that will be used to develop new ground-breaking hearing implant systems. Close links of collaboration exist between our centre and leading technology providers and universities across Europe.
You are the right candidate for this role when
- you have long-term research experience, preferably in a regulated industry, and ideally in medical devices, giving you broad organizational experience and technical knowledge;
- you have strong people management skills. You can grow talents, manage skills mix, optimize organization for sustained short, mid and long-term capacity development;
- you are an agile and inspirational leader with strong communication and influencing skills, excellent team collaboration skills and the ability to plan and execute in complex environments with multiple priorities;
- you have very familiar with algorithms in the realm of signal processing and have a keen interest in machine learning. Experience with audio processing is ideal;
- you demonstrate high creativity and capacity to innovate;
- you have excellent knowledge of technical English;
- you are willing to travel significantly.
Apply now by completing your application form online.
Advertised: W. Europe Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: W. Europe Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now