Process Engineer (Test System Engineer)
Job no: 612505
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
We are currently looking for a Process Engineer (Test System Engineer) on a permanent full-time basis based in our global headquarters in Macquarie University.
The purpose of the role is to provide efficient and timely, high quality electronics and test system services support to Manufacturing.
- Develop stable and reliable manufacturing processes within Cochlear and at suppliers of manufactured components.
- Repair and upgrade test systems & electronic equipment to ensure all production equipment is running to full capacity. Ensure adequate spares to meet the above requirement.
- Design improvements to existing electronic systems and develop basic electronic systems to improve production throughput.
- Upgrade existing test systems and equipments to replace obsolete Hardware & software.
- Build and Introduce new Instances to meet the Production requirements
- Software Change and release to support new build standards and fixing of production issues.
- Review D & D test system design to ensure they meet production requirements with regard to execution time, maintainability, OH&S, reliability and are adequately documented.
- Participate in Test system D & D activities during test system development & verification and get trained so that test systems can be supported in production with minimum D & D assistance.
- Understand test systems requirements from Regulatory and Quality Systems perspective by interacting with these functions and formulate V & V process and documentations.
- Ensure the business needs are met and projects are delivered on time and on cost.
- Degree in electronics engineering.
- PC skills – board level repair of PCs, software installation and basic networking. Ability to configure PCs from OS installation to full operation.
- Electronic equipment Maintenance & repair – Repair of PC based test equipment and the electronics subsystems to component level.
- Programming – Understanding of LabView, Test stand, C and C++, Python software. Ability to maintain and perform simple upgrades to software.
- Familiar with Medical Industry standards and test system qualification requirements.
- Project Development & management skills – Familiar with Project Lifecycle and PMP Tools.
- Opportunity to be part of a global leader
- Exposure to a broad range of internal stakeholders, including senior managers
- Flexible work arrangement
- Very stable company, with high growth projections
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now