Cost Accountant (KL)
Job no: 612547
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: Finance, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
We are seeking for a Cost Accountant reporting to the Site Controller (KL), to be based in Bangsar South, KL. In this role, the successful Cost Accountant will be supporting the Site Controller (KL) in providing financial business partnership to the KL Manufacturing business unit.
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for product costing and analysis, annual budget and quarterly forecast for manufacturing unit, supporting month end reporting and leading in development and maintenance of standard cost systems.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing capital and project spend to deliver financial results.
- Subject matter expert for manufacturing accounting, partnering the KL manufacturing team to achieve financial targets, proactively driving continuous improvement in reporting and forecasting
- Supporting the setting of financial targets and development of profitable financial plans, deliver key inputs for strategic plans, clearly communicate impact of strategic decisions on cost and capital
- Execute and continuously improve the financial operating model to deliver relevant, compliant, accurate and timely financial information in an efficient manner (EOM, forecasts, budgets etc...), leading the performance management process, and improving process capabilities including use of technologies (e.g. Oracle ERP, Hyperion Planning etc…)
- Providing commercial analysis to support the management of COGS & Inventory targets, including COGS improvement initiatives, inventory lifecycle management such as obsolescence and new product introduction, standard cost setting and analysis, warranty management.
- Ensure company compliance with financial reporting and control requirements through relevant and up to date policies and asset controls
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in costing and business partnering exposure with manufacturing, and broad working understanding of different parts of the Organisation is a MUST for this role.
- MUST have good knowledge in manufacturing accounting, including developing standard costs and managing the costing/inventory system.
- Sound financial accounting and management accounting knowledge and internal controlling processes – costing is high essential for this position
- Hands on experience in Financial accounting (eg. month end close of ledgers (GL), reporting of results, variance analysis, inventory subledger, reconciliation of inventory ledger to general ledger is required for this position. Experience in fixed asset management is an added advantage.
- MUST have management accounting (eg. budgets and forecasts at business unit level) – preparing the books to be submitted to HQ – annual budgeting & forecasts. Indirect expenses. Preparation of standard cost.
- MUST have experience in product costing (yearly standard cost update) and candidates with transfer pricing experience will have an added advantage
- Working knowledge of costing & financial modules within an ERP system such as Oracle or SAP is required for this position.
- Good hands on experience in MS Excel (Advanced level) and Powerpoint is a plus for this role.
- Good written and oral English communication.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now