Assistant Accountant, Asia Growth Markets
Job no: 612548
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Finance, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
At Cochlear, hearing is our passion. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Accountant, Asia Growth Markets. In this exciting role you will be responsible for assisting with the operational activities of the Asia Growth Markets (AGM) Finance Team and the provision of accurate and timely financial reporting. This role also offers the opportunity to be responsible for managing the debtor’s ledger to minimise risk, ageing and Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) for the countries/markets within AGM.
Managing the debtor’s ledger and customer accounts to minimise risk, ensure accuracy and maintain required DSO (40%)
- Liaise with customers on all relevant documents including Letters of Credit, perform postings and maintain accurate information in Oracle
- Communicate with various stakeholder groups to ensure issues are clarified regarding transactions on customer accounts, including queries from customers
- Proactively drive AR reductions through follow ups with customers and resolving any issues along the way
Accurate and timely delivery of financial information (20%)
- Assist with the AGM month end close including booking required journals (incl. EBIT calculations) and completing reconciliations in line with the month end timetable
- Preparation and entry of accurate journal entries during the month into the financial system
- Assist with Income tax, GST & withholding tax provision calculations and payments for Singapore.
- Responsible for Thailand accounting, including obtaining required information from external accountants (e.g. TMF) and using this to post journals & upload sales data
- Influence cross functional teams for delivery of action items
Processing and monitoring Accounts Payable and Expenses (15%)
- Verification and entry of supplier invoices and staff expense claims for AGM countries
- Process fortnightly EFT and cheque payments through the bank portal
- Manage the payroll process for all AGM countries; liaising with the payroll providers to ensure invoices and receive to scheduled timelines, code, verify and enter invoices and process payments, following up with the providers to resolve any payroll related matters
Operations and customer service support (25%)
- Payment receipt confirmation for customer service payments including On the Air Plan (OTAP), extended warranty and repair charges (Baha)
- Produce distributor metrics report and share with relevant stakeholders.
- Serve as a backup for customer service team, when the need arises
Key Role Requirements:
- 3+ years relevant experience in Financial Accounting and/or Accounts Receivable
- Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving ability
- Very strong customer orientation and professional communication ability
- Ability to work autonomously in a small team
- Results driven
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrated experience using Oracle
- Exposure to the Asia Pacific business environment
- Multinational experience
Development Value of this role:
- Opportunity to support the development of local processes
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation with a growing customer base
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now