Strategic Sourcing Manager - IT Services
Job no: 612612
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard.
About the Opportunity
The purpose of this exciting role is to ensure operational excellence within the fields of IT and Professional Services. This will be achieved by supporting the development and Implementation of effective sourcing strategies and supplier management to deliver additional value and improved efficiencies.
- Provide input to Strategic Sourcing and operational plans which integrate with the overall business strategy for the IT category.
- Design and Implement Supplier Alliance frameworks and practices across Cochlear to drive business objectives and performance
- Manage end-to-end technology sourcing activities.
- Supporting large tender processes.
- Negotiation planning and execution
- Supplier Performance Management/Contract Management.
- Business Partnering responsibilities such as monitor and report on customer satisfaction and vendor performance within the IT category and implement continuous improvement strategies and provide commercial input into risk analysis.
- Metrics and Reporting responsibilities working closely with the wider global Procurement team to support the Supplier Performance management processes within the IT stream.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (business, management, legal, commercial, information technology) you are experienced in working within a commercial environment incorporating project, service delivery, technology, and supplier management.
- Proven ability to plan and execute multiple RFx processes through to contract award efficiently and in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and processes
- You are astute in the management and operation of suppliers a with proven ability to assess capability and commercial proposals.
- Your strong negotiation skills coupled with a strong track record in supplier management as well as a sound understanding of supplier contracts will see you succeed in this role.
- Experience in procurement, with exposure to IT sourcing and procuring Professional Services is preferred.
- A deep understanding of technologies such as telecommunications, cloud, hardware and software and managed services
- Effective time management and ability to prioritise your work to meet agreed timelines.
- Well-developed communication skills and proven ability to influence, consult and negotiate with a range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve positive outcome
- A self-starter with a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Knowledge of and exposure to high-tech manufacturing or engineering-focused manufacturing environments is highly desirable.
Development Value of this role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to work locally in a global team environment while utilising your stakeholder engagement experience to promote Cochlear’s transformational change agenda.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now