Technical Writer (Fixed Term Contract)
Job no: 612613
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Engineering, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
- Supportive and collaborative team with a global reach
- A global leader in medical devices and hearing loss technologies
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
We are seeking a Technical Writer for an 18-month contract based in Brisbane. In this role, you will create and maintain product and process documentation for Cochlear products as well as support the creation and maintenance of those products in the ERP system. Those activities support manufacturing processes and the introduction of new products.
If you want to work in a professional environment that offers you variety and autonomy, then this role is for you.
In this role you will……
- Use your technical skills and eye for detail to assist with the writing of instructions which accurately describe complex processes and equipment
- Collaborate with Cochlear stakeholders (Process Engineering, Manufacturing Support, Learning and Development, and Quality teams) to support the preparation of documentation including: Device Master Records, Design History Files and investigation reports
- Follow established documentation standards to ensure consistency of format, style, quality, clarity, safety, and technical accuracy
- Follow up on the review and approval of documentation in the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system, Windchill
- Set up and maintain materials, Bills of Materials, routings and manufacturing instructions in the ERP (SAP) reflecting the Windchill product configuration
To be successful you will have:
- A degree or higher qualification/equivalent experience, preferably in communications of technical, medical and/or manufacturing fields
- Attention to detail and desire to develop technical writing skills and knowledge of product manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with subject matter experts in various disciplines
- Logical mindset, ability to work with numbers, basic understanding of Bill of Materials and routes and eagerness to learn more about product configuration for manufacturing in SAP
- Ideally, experience in the medical device field or a similar highly regulated business environment
What we can offer……
- An engaging workplace and the opportunity to work with progressive and dedicated colleagues, where your daily tasks give you purpose
- A variety of opportunities to demonstrate your skills and develop some new ones
- The opportunity to work within large, multi-disciplinary project teams
- Exposure to a medical regulatory environment in a global organisation
This is your chance to be part of a premier organisation with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something meaningful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now