Senior Manager, Regional Market Access, Canada
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear support cochlear implant recipients, we are recruiting for a Senior Manager, Regional Market Access in Canada. The ideal candidate will live in Toronto or Ottawa.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to drive the growth of implantable hearing solutions across the region by reducing access barriers through influencing policy, driving reimbursement advances for new and existing technologies. You’ll work collaboratively with the regional Field Sales, Clinical Affairs and Global Market Access teams to develop market access strategy, value proposition and plans for key stakeholder groups involved in the reimbursement process nationally and provincially in Canada.
- Lead the preparation of HTA submission dossiers to INESSS, CADTH and private Insurers that support the development of health policy and the implementation.
- Critically assess drivers and barriers to pricing, reimbursement and market access for Cochlear solutions portfolio in Canada. Develop a plan to address the barriers to access.
- Maximize reimbursement coverage and payment for Cochlear’s technology.
- Educate policy makers on hearing health innovations including telehealth to improve access to Cochlear’s technologies.
- Engage payors in the region to create well-founded and evidenced based value propositions.
- Collaborate with professionals, consumers and societies to advocate for comprehensive hearing health in Canada.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation and deliver on our mission by applying your knowledge of Market Access strategies in Canada.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Degree in life sciences, economics or business.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry, with at least 2 years in a field-based Market Access role within designated region.
- Experience launching products in a hospital/clinical environment.
- Strong understanding on the designated region’s Market Access landscape.
- Travel: 25-50%
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work environment for this role is a home office environment.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits.
More about Cochlear
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more about current openings! Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.