Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior marketing professional and accomplished people leader to join our Asia-Pacific (APAC) leadership team. Cochlear APAC is the fastest growing division of Cochlear with a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand - the opportunities to make an impact and contribute to our exciting growth plans are endless.
As the Vice President, Product and Services Marketing, APAC you will be responsible for all aspects of our marketing and product management function, across a complex and diverse APAC portfolio. Through collaboration cross functionally, both globally and with the APAC leadership team, you will develop and support the delivery of innovative marketing programs that drive growth and strengthen our market position across the following key areas:
- Hearing health and category awareness
- Cochlear brand
- Customer experience
- New demand generation across product and services
You will be a passionate and experienced leader who is able to attract, build, and retain an industry-leading team of marketing specialists for consumer (B2C/DTC) marketing, professional marketing (B2B and B2B2C), product management and marketing, digital marketing, marketing operations and channel expansion.
You will have a proven track record in omni channel marketing and a high level of competence in digital strategy and execution, bringing an agile and adaptable approach to innovative marketing strategies that will increase profitability, revenue, and brand awareness across the region.
You will be a clear, articulate, and inspirational communicator who is able to inspire achievement in others through building trust and capability. You will thrive in our exciting, fast-paced and diverse region.
By working very closely with country leadership within the APAC region, you will be able to anticipate market needs and support countries in defining and executing their marketing strategies and activation plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 15+ years product/service sales and marketing experience, preferably in MedTech.
- 10+ years of progressive and expanding management experience in leading teams within product marketing, marketing, sales and or business operations.
- Track record of managing and growing people, coaching others to achieve performance and retention with the organisation.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams to manage projects. Strong organizational skills and ability to manage conflicting deadlines and priorities.
- Proven track record of working within a highly regulated environment i.e. CE, FDA, TGA.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budget efficiently to deliver results.
- Broad enterprise knowledge of business and technical operations and processes.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong presentation presence.
- Creativity, innovative thinking, and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to apply project management best practices to execute projects.
- Demonstrated track record on defining and applying marketing metrics, analytics, and ROI to refine strategic intent.
- Ability to track and leverage competitive intelligence.
- Ability to organise, prioritise, and thrive in a complex, extremely fast-paced environment that requires flexibility and adaptability.
- Proven track record of taking initiative and solving problems pro-actively.
- Ability to overcome problems and obstacles by owning them, actioning them and implementing alternative solutions.
- Able to travel (up to 40%) including nights and weekends.
For 40 years, Cochlear has been creating reliable products that continue to keep people connected to the world and to each other. We help people of all ages to hear in more than 180 countries around the world. Our technology connects people to life's possibilities and to the people who matter most. We have over 4000 employees globally dedicated to improving people's lives. To date, we have Invested over $2bil to date in research and development.
Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – The global leader in implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
- The benefits – access a suite of generous benefits, tailored to help you develop and thrive.
Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to apply and who to contact:
Click below to view the full job description.
Job Description_VP_APAC_Product and Services Marketing_April 21.pdf
If you are excited about what you have read and want to be considered for this role then please submit your resume and a covering letter highlighting how you can contribute to our mission of helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Vicci on email@example.com.