Director, Finance and Commercial Operations - ANZ
Job no: 612788
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Finance, Asia Pacific, Manager of Managers
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand.
Reporting into the Associate General Manager for Australia and New Zealand (ANZ), The Director, Finance & Commercial Operations, ANZ will develop and lead a high performing and commercially astute function to drive high performance and growth across the Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) business.
Working as part of the ANZ Leadership Team, you will be responsible for accelerating growth in the ANZ market, while creating distinctive development experiences for the ANZ team. The role is expected to play a significant part in developing the short to mid-term strategy by leveraging relevant finance, commercial and operational expertise to develop financial and operational plans which lead to business growth and staff development.
As well as being an astute finance professional, leading others will be your passion, and driving commercial sales operations for part of the business will excite you. You will play an active role in leading and building the capacity of others, mentoring field sales teams and support staff across ANZ to increase understanding and utilisation of financial metrics to identify growth strategies.
The main accountability areas for this role can be summarised into 3 areas:
- Be a vocal, proactive growth driver in the ANZ leadership team who will think beyond functional boundaries to shape and execute strategy – as a leader, represent the ANZ business with external stakeholders.
- Accountable for Financial Management to ensure that business is carried in compliance with internal policy and governance standards, as well as implement necessary rhythms for business planning and performance tracking.
- Develop B2B and B2C sales operations capability to accelerate revenue growth for ANZ.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- CA / CPA / CIMA qualified
- Demonstrated experience in the management of core finance processes – including but not limited to statutory audits, external financial and tax reporting
- Experience in finance and operations in a multinational corporation (small to medium sized)
- Previous experience leading a diverse and multi-disciplinary team
- Strong commercial acumen that will act as a catalyst to a growing business
- Previous commercial experience including profit centre administration
- Excellent communication skills and experience in providing management information to the business
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide financial consulting to internal team
- Proven ability with ERP implementation(s), process improvement and stakeholder management
Why choose us?
For 40 years, Cochlear has been creating reliable products that continue to keep people connected to the world and to each other. We help people of all ages to hear in more than 180 countries around the world. Our technology connects people to life's possibilities and to the people who matter most. We have over 4000 employees globally dedicated to improving people's lives. To date, we have Invested over $2bil to date in research and development.
Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – The global leader in implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
How to Apply and who to contact
If you are interested in being considered for this role then please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role.
Alternatively, if you would like a confidential discussion regarding this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now