Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand. Cochlear conducts most of its leading research, development, and manufacturing of cochlear implants in the Asia Pacific region with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Australia and repair facilities in Malaysia. We are building a new facility in Chengdu to serve China and emerging markets and increase global production.
We are seeking a Clinical Sales Specialist, reporting to the Clinical Territory Manager based in our Singapore Branch. In this exciting role, you will be responsible for driving business growth and achievement of target sales by providing industry leading clinical and surgical support, as aligned with business needs. The successful candidate will require clinical expertise, comfort with attending and addressing surgical needs and the continuous development and application of business acumen.
Achieve Sales Targets
- In partnership with country champion and other team members, implement business and marketing plans to achieve sales targets, targeted unit quota, and revenue objectives.
- Demonstrate exceptional sales and business acumen to identify market opportunities, competitive positioning, research customer needs, and generate sales / secure orders.
- Provide market intelligence and competitive information, which can be utilized in developing effective ways to approach current and potential customers.
Internal and External Customer Training
- Allocate appropriate Company resources and planning to achieve business growth through the education of products including technical trainings and products launches for professionals. Will manage training activities within the allocated expense budget.
Deliver on Customer Experience
- Provide technical and product support for the Cochlear product portfolio. This support may include advising on device programming and candidacy issues, problem solving related to medical/surgical inquiries and device trouble shooting.
- Responsible for planning and executing demand generation activities through multiple channels (online and offline) to generate a continuous pool of candidates into the sales funnel.
- Maintain a high-level engagement with recipients and candidates, nurture leads to accelerate the candidate journey to decide on Cochlear Implant (CI) surgery and make preferred brand choice
Sales Force Effectiveness
- Responsible for maintaining CRM system (Salesforce) with timely and accurate customer, account, surgery and candidate data
- Adhere to activity KPIs as set by Asia Growth Markets (AGM) management
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in biomedical sciences or Audiology
- Minimum two years’ experience in clinical application/development roles
- Clinical certificate of competency (ASA/AcAud or Equivalent)
- Registration with country professional registration board
- Ability to travel up to 60% in the Asia Growth Markets/South-East Asia and Asia Pacific region
- Post-graduate qualifications (Diploma or Masters) in Audiology
- Clinical application experience in the hearing field
How we recognise your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where our people will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive whilst balancing family or personal life commitments, then we have several programs in place to support you.
This fantastic role will give you the opportunity for regional and global career pathways as you work with the market leader in implantable hearing solutions and establish strong relationships with leading ENT surgeons and hearing health professionals.
Why choose us?
For 40 years, Cochlear has been creating reliable products that continue to keep people connected to the world and to each other. We help people of all ages to hear in more than 180 countries around the world. Our technology connects people to life's possibilities and to the people who matter most. We have over 4000 employees globally dedicated to improving people's lives. To date, we have Invested over $2bil to date in research and development.
Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – The global leader in implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this role then please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role.