Senior DSP Engineer
Job no: 612793
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Individual Contributor
Join Cochlear’s mission to help people hear and be heard!
Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other, and there’s a reason for that. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
If working at a company focused on changing people’s lives and valuing a strong collaborative and innovative spirit, we’re excited to talk to you! You will be part of a leading R&D team that collaborates globally to deliver a great product to our customers. There is the opportunity to learn new things every day at Cochlear and make an impactful difference for people who have hearing loss We are looking for someone who has the learning mindset to see challenging work as a vehicle for greater understanding and self-development.
You will join a global team of skilled and very passionate digital signal processing engineers. We work on bringing our innovative algorithms into our next generation of sound processors, to enable our customers to hear better in all life situations.
In your role, you will:
- Contribute to the specification and design of signal processing deliverables for our products.
- Perform modelling of algorithms in Python, Matlab or Simulink.
- Implement real-time audio signal processing algorithms on a multi-core DSP platform using a mix of C/assembler.
- Design & implement automated test cases, including unit, integration and system tests.
- Develop PC drivers for controlling audio processing algorithms using Python or C#.
- Collaborate with our research team on prototyping and tuning algorithms for product commercialisation.
- Contribute to further enhance testing frameworks and tools.
You will bring:
- A bachelor degree or higher in electrical engineering, computer science or similar.
- 5+ years’ experience as a digital signal processing engineer within audio, speech or other related signal processing areas.
- Experience in implementing signal processing algorithms on fixed-point DSP targets using C and/or assembly languages.
- Solid understanding of common digital signal processing techniques including,
- FIR and IIR filters
- Transform like FFT and MDCT
- Adaptive algorithms including nLMS,
- Architectural understanding of DSP and/or microprocessor.
- Skills in cross-functional thinking and problem solving.
- Skills with algorithmic modelling using either Python, Matlab and/or Simulink.
It would be highly desirable if you have:
- Experience with Machine Learning and ML frameworks like PyTorch, TensorFlow or others.
- Prior research experience in developing sound processing algorithms.
- Architectural understanding of digital signal processors.
- Familiarity with programming in Python using packages like SciPy, NumPy & Matplotlib.
The team uses the Scrum agile frameworks for developing/delivering our products and we use the Atlassian tools suite including Jira and Confluence. We encourage our engineers to closely collaborate in order to build better solutions and ensure that knowledge is shared within the team.
Does the above job description sound interesting and challenging? If so, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives (yes, we linger at BBQs hoping someone will ask us what we doing for a living). Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now