Senior Electrical Engineer
Job no: 612810
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
We are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer on a 12 months’ fixed term contract based in our global headquarters in Macquarie University.
- Contribute to the development of innovative and exciting new products which transform the lives of hearing-impaired people everywhere
- Drive requirements generation, schematic and PCB design, prototype debugging, characterisation and verification of electrical designs to ensure Cochlear products are of superior performance, quality and reliability
- Work with the system engineering team to develop and refine product requirements.
- Stay abreast of technology advancements in electronics and be a source of technical expertise and a mentor for other engineers
- Work on leading-edge technologies to support the growth of Cochlear as a global industry leader in research and innovation
- Generate high quality design documentation for regulators and internal use
- Support process improvements to help Cochlear maintain effective and efficient research and development procedures.
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of electronics design and verification experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good understanding of electronic circuits and components, both analog and digital
- Proactive and able to self-manage multiple tasks and milestones
- Experience with electrical CAD tools – schematic capture, simulation and PCB layout.
- Experience with medical implants or a highly regulated industry
- Experience with audio circuits
- Experience with RF circuits and wireless communication
- Experience with the Altium schematic capture and PCB layout CAD tool
- Experience with the Python programming language and embedded firmware in general
- Experience managing external suppliers and contractors
- Significant exposure to other parts of the business (New Product Industrialisation, Mechanical, Systems, Embedded Software, Test, Regulatory, and Quality)
- Opportunity to develop world leading implants using leading edge technologies Flexible work arrangement
- Very stable company, with high growth projections
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now