Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people hear.
Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand. Cochlear conducts most of its leading research, development, and manufacturing of cochlear implants in the Asia Pacific region with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Australia and repair facilities in Malaysia. We are building a new facility in Chengdu to serve China and emerging markets and increase global production
Under the direction of the Commercial Manager, Australia & New Zealand, the Sales Representative will be responsible for ensuring all recipients are able to access the clinical benefits available via technology upgrades on a timely basis. The individual will be responsible for providing information, advice, support and guidance to recipients on the upgrade and order process, including advice on applicable funding streams.
Direct to consumer/recipient upgrade sales and support
- Partner with Commercial Manager, Australia & New Zealand to identify and execute upgrade opportunities across ANZ in a timely manner, using agreed processes, templates, and approved marketing collateral to achieve targets.
- Provide personalised, accurate information, support and guidance about the upgrade and order process to recipients and other stakeholders, ensuring the information and guidance is appropriate and impartial, where applicable (e.g. cannot recommend/show a preference for a particular Health Fund or Hearing Partner)
Data quality maintenance
- Manage and maintain recipient databases in current systems (including SalesForce) to ensure data completeness and quality.
- Confirm and update/complete recipient demographic, contact, insurance, device, and hearing provider data details in relevant Cochlear database(s) to ensure
- Excellent long-term customer support for every recipient
- Ability to accurately identify, segment, forecast and support upgrade opportunities
- Identification of/advocacy for recipients with legacy/obsolete devices without an upgrade funding pathway.
Build excellent working relationships with Hearing Partners
- Establish strong relationships with Cochlear Implant (CI) Hearing Partners to ensure their engagement and commitment to facilitating timely recipient upgrades and provide operational support as required to optimise upgrade sales in their practices
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow, we are looking for people with highly specialised skills who share our passion for changing the lives of our customers.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Minimum 1+ years’ experience in a sales environment or target driven customer facing role
- Hunger to achieve results
- Comfortable cold calling with a resilient and caring mindset.
- Ability to confidently support recipients with communication difficulties with patience and kindness.
- Positive, energetic, and strong phone skills
- Excellent listener with strong verbal communication skills
- The ability to solve problems and collaborate to get work done that delivers benefits for Cochlear’s customers.
- Experience in consumer sales, consumer/patient relations, engagement, or communication
- Knowledge of the hearing health sector
- Knowledge of Australian health funding streams; Private Health Insurance, NDIS, DVA, Hearing Australia
How we recognise your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where our people will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive whilst balancing family or personal life commitments, then we have several programs in place to support you.
This fantastic role will give you the opportunity for regional and global career pathways as you work with the market leader in implantable hearing solutions and establish strong relationships with leading hearing health professionals.
Why choose us?
For 40 years, Cochlear has been creating reliable products that continue to keep people connected to the world and to each other. We help people of all ages to hear in more than 180 countries around the world. Our technology connects people to life's possibilities and to the people who matter most. We have over 4000 employees globally dedicated to improving people's lives. To date, we have Invested over $2bil to date in research and development.
Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – The global leader in implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this role then please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role.