Verification and Validation Engineer
Job no: 612829
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Are you good at what you do? If so, imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to work with Cochlear; an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
We are currently looking for a Verification and Validation Engineer to ensure that high quality products are delivered on time to our customers by defining, executing and reporting Verification and Validation (V&V) tests as needed to meet the product plan.
This is initially a 12-months fixed term contract based in our global headquarters in Macquarie University.
Why is this role right for you?
- You are degree qualified in Electrical, Electronics, Software Engineering or similar
- You have knowledge and understanding of, and preferably experience in, system, firmware or software development or testing
- You are experienced in cross-functional thinking and problem solving
- You have sound capabilities in task management within a team
- You have good communication skills
- You have sound capabilities in coding using Python, C, Java, C++ or C#
- Ideally you have experience and understanding of testing medical devices products
- Develop and update manual and automated tests for System, Firmware (microcontroller & Digital Signal Processing (DSP)), Software and Hardware Verification and Validation
- Implement and maintain tests using python, or other relevant programming language, for verification against requirements
- Review code for implemented tests and frameworks used for verification.
- Perform verification and validation of Cochlear’s products
- Verification and Validation Tools and Equipment
- Deliver assigned V&V components of product releases by managing small to medium projects or subtasks from start to finish
- Collaborate across multiple project and function teams to ensure good quality delivery of V&V activities
- Great career path in Verification & Validation
- Gain knowledge of Cochlear’s Products and V&V processes and experience in contributing to process improvement
- Gain a wider and deeper understanding of the design of Cochlear’s systems and components
- Have direct contact with and see impact of your work on end users
If you enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive environment then you won’t be disappointed working for Cochlear. This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day to Hear Now, And Always.
Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now