Procurement Customer Service Officer
Job no: 612830
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: Procurement, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
We are seeking for a Procurement Customer Service Officer reporting to the Procurement Manager, to be based in Bangsar South, KL. In this role, the successful Procurement Customer Service Officer will have the opportunity for executing support tasks for Cochlear’s procurement function, as per Procurement policy. This includes support of Cochlear’s regional operations located in Australia, Europe, Asia and the Americas.
The Procurement Customer Service Officer will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of customer service is maintained by the Procurement Customer Service Team for internal stakeholders, with timely responses, thorough investigations and clear communications.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and processing inquiries relating to purchase orders, deliveries and payments (P2P activities). Providing information and assistance to business requesters as required
- Following up past-due orders on suppliers to determine the latest delivery information and coordinating with relevant stakeholders in the business
- Creating new vendor records as part of the Supplier Lifecycle Management (SLM) process within the team’s SLA when required
- Updating existing vendor records from business requests in-line with the team’s Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Assisting the Procurement teams in other regions in managing direct items inventory and maintain all quality system and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinating supplier evaluations, through the Oracle Supplier Lifecycle Management (SLM) module as required
- Delivering reports and feedback on supplier performance in a timely manner to the Procurement Manager and Procurement team for assessment
- Assisting in the acquiring of market knowledge for new and alternative goods and services in the category whose adoption might improve company efficiency and productivity
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Mathematics or equivalent.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Procure to Purchase (P2P) activities is required for this role.
- Demonstrated use of Procurement ERP system (e.g Oracle, SAP or other ERP system) is a must for this role.
- Inventory management experience is an added advantage.
- Candidates from manufacturing background will have added advantage.
- Able to work between 1pm to 10pm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now