Senior Software Engineer (iOS)
Job no: 612851
Work type: Consultant (3rd party payrolled), Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Engineering, IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
At Cochlear, hearing is our passion. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other.
This will involve creating applications that focus on exceptional quality and user-centric design principles. Implementing custom user interfaces using the latest programming techniques and contributing to architectural design of the platforms, products, systems and Cochlear software ecosystems.
You will need to have strong ability to solve difficult problems outside the standard solution, identify and recommend significant improvements to products. This will involve understanding business problems and proposing solutions before writing a line of code.
At Cochlear we work in a highly regulated environment and so its important to understand and contribute to product requirements and new product concepts within these realms.
You will assist with Product Support and provide technical assistance to Cochlear employees
As you will have extensive stakeholder engagement you must have strong collaboration and leadership ability. This may be in small project groups, across departments and the wider business. You will need to be highly organised and demonstrate sound business acumen.
You will bring:
- Tertiary qualification relevant field of computing (for example, IT, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Informatics) Or at least 8 years’ experience in a full lifecycle commercial software development environment.
- 4 years building complex applications for mobile, desktop or server platforms, using the native development tools for that platform (preferably using Swift)
- 3+ years application development at the user interface and system levels
- Experienced in core platform frameworks for UI and backend development, developer tools (IDEs, dependency management systems, source control systems, build configuration systems), and workflows (either manual memory management or fully-managed, debugging, profiling, unit testing, continuous integration
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Experience with platform relevant SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with other project team members
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development practices.
This is a great opportunity to join an Innovative company that truly invests in its people. Ask any of our staff why they work at Cochlear and as well as an amazing and supportive culture we truly love coming to work everyday knowing that we are helping people and making a difference in the world.
As this is role is based at our Iconic office at Macquarie University campus you are close to all modes of transport but we do provide on site parking. We offer a competitive remuneration package that can be tailored to suit your needs and this is Global HQ so you can expand and advance in your career.
If you have the relevant skills and experience please apply today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now