Cyber Security Intern
Job no: 612868
Work type: Hourly Temporary/Casual
Categories: IT, Students & Graduates, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is a world-leading, cutting-edge, medical device company which develop products which gifts hearing to the world. An ASX top 50 company, Cochlear offers an unmatched, global platform to launch your career. As an advanced Medical Device manufacturer and a market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear branded implant than any other.
Are you in your penultimate year?
Are you completing a Bachelor of Cyber Security or related degree?
We are looking for a Cyber Security Student who wants to gain experience and industry knowledge in Cyber Security for a period of 8 to 12 weeks. Based in our global HQ in Sydney, we offer a unique paid internship opportunity from November 2021 to February 2022. You will have the opportunity to work closely with Cochlear’s renowned Cyber Security team and participate in the day to day assessment of cyber risks as they pertain to a multinational organisation.
The successful candidate will gain hands-on training and experience using industry best practice cyber security applications and tools, as well as learning modern day cyber security techniques.
- Research industry best practice cyber security frameworks and how they can be applied.
- Produce detailed health checks on existing cyber security controls to assess their effectiveness.
- Research, develop and refine security instructional ‘playbooks’ for use during cyber security attacks.
- Evaluate staff security awareness using surveys and attack simulation exercises.
- Review current alerting and escalation capabilities and procedures for timely notifications.
- Work with IT staff to develop mitigation and contingency plans for identified gaps and provide regular progress reporting to senior management
To be eligible for this internship, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You are currently studying a Bachelor of Cyber Security or related degree
- You are in your second-to-last year of study – finishing your final subjects in calendar year 2022.
- You are available to work full-time for 3 months from late November 2021 to mid-February 2022.
- You possess the right to work in Australia without sponsorship after graduation.
- You have achieved a credit average or better.
Ideal Skills and Experience:
- Have a reasonable knowledge of information technology and cyber security principles, with a meticulous attention to detail.
- A good communicator with the intellectual ability to analyse complex situations and articulating technical security issues and associated risks in business language.
- Proficiency in tools and systems such as Microsoft, UNIX and Linux Operating Systems is desirable.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now