Senior Business Analyst
Job no: 612870
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard.
The Senior IT Business Analyst is a valued leader, influencing business stakeholders, Product Owners and delivery teams to gain in-depth understanding of the business strategy, underlying processes and capabilities and the context in which the business operates. In addition, this exciting role is an expert among Cochlear’s Portfolio Practice and works with senior management to build and lead the culture and business analysis capability in Cochlear by promoting ongoing education and mentoring.
- Be an expert of business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, investigate complex problems, and lead the delivery team to develop and implement the right solutions.
- Facilitation of User Story Mapping workshops to elicit requirements in User Story format that enable the squad to identify minimal viable releases.
- Be a partner to Scrum Team members, especially the Product Owners.
- Articulating User Stories with quality Acceptance Criteria that enables our development teams to produce solutions for our business.
- Participation in squad scrum ceremonies to provide clarification on User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Play an active part in Sprint Review and Showcases in a way that generates acceptance of product or constructive feedback for consideration in future sprints.
- Be a champion of customer needs to ensure User Stories represent their needs and are delivering value to the customer.
- Lead and collaborates well with Portfolio Practice members; IT Business Partners; Departmental Leaders and stakeholders through business forums and workshops to co-create a shared understanding of our business processes, systems and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Participate in the evaluation of new or changed technology solutions to determine the degree of functional fit with Cochlear current and desired target business processes.
- Maintain an understanding of Change Management practices as they relate to business process and technology change within Cochlear.
- Assist Delivery Managers, Business Analysts, Solution Designers, Developers and team members by providing support and consultative advice.
- Ability to communicates clearly with awareness of the audience. Tailoring communication style to match the stakeholders needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Computing or Engineering.
- Expert knowledge of BABOK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) including Agile Extension.
- 5+ years of experience working in a mix of technology platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, researching, evaluating and recommending new solutions.
- Strong business analysis background, with an ability to focus on the most important facts and identify dependencies.
- Keen problem solver.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now