Job no: 612875
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Marketing, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard.
Are you a thinker who challenges the norm with customer-centric, fact-based decision making?
Join Cochlear as a Product Manager (PM) in the Surgical and Implants global product management team, based in our Sydney head office. You will play an integral role supporting and developing the commercial and strategic needs of the portfolio by developing a deep understanding of the needs of Cochlear’s customers and professional partners, and working closely with global and regional stakeholders to ensure we exceed our customers expectations. You will strive for operational excellence through participation in the creation and deployment of efficient processes that relate to product development and commercialisation.
Your responsibilities will include…
Understanding market knowledge, insights, and engagement
- Develop a sound knowledge within the implantable hearing solutions market and monitor trends whilst regularly examining and assessing competitor organisations and their products to proactively identify competitive threats.
- Monitor and analyse trends in usage of products and/or services within assigned portfolio and develop insights on how this information could be applied to Cochlear’s products and services in order to extend Cochlear’s leadership position in this area.
Product strategy planning, new product development and launch
- Contribute to the development of strategic product marketing plan for assigned portfolio and execute the plan.
- Managing development of assets, initiatives, work packages and programs to support new product launches so that the market and commercial objectives are effectively and efficiently achieved in the most cost-effective way while maximising commercial impact.
Product Lifecycle Management
- Manage the product lifecycle with continued focus on value maximization and customer centricity.
- Monitor the commercial success of assigned products and services, with a focus on uptake, sales and influence on brand choice and growth.
- Collaborate with global product marketing communications to develop marketing tools for internal and external stakeholders
- Provide product expertise and support at launches, conferences, events, seminars, and other industry events.
- Marketing experience in a health/technology environment, or a software product/service environment, with regional/global responsibilities.
- Educational background in a technical environment (or equivalent through experience).
- Ability to understand complex products/services and to identify and assess commercial opportunities.
- Proven track record in:
- Developing upstream conception, definition of new products and services.
- Deploying downstream product/services plans for products and services.
- Managing aspects of the product life cycle.
- Outcome focused with process and project orientation.
Developmental Value of the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an iconic Australian company in a global position. You will have the unique opportunity of playing a pivotal role in transforming Cochlear into a customer-centric market leader in the hearing space. This role will provide you with career progression opportunities within Global Marketing and across the company.
Hear now. And always. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We have provided more than 600,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with leading clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now