Director, Acoustics Product Management & Marketing
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear manage the bone conduction portfolio strategy, bring new products to market and manage the lifecycle, we are recruiting for a Director, Acoustics Product Management & Marketing in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, CO.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to develop and implement commercial strategy, develop innovative programs that drive new demand, and provide input into the global and regional strategic plans. You’ll work collaboratively with stakeholders including global marketing, regional sales, recipient services, quality, regulatory, logistics and sales operations. This leadership role will manage the assigned portfolio strategy to ensure regional revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met throughout the product lifecycle.
- Manage and provide strategic direction of bone conduction portfolio including portfolio strategy, product launches and portfolio optimization efforts, in collaboration with global/regional marketing and cross functional teams.
- Perform strategic analysis on customers, product mix, competitors, market research and various market trends to understand the future growth drivers of the bone conduction market.
- Develop marketing plan for assigned portfolio and development of annual strategic marketing plan and positioning and messaging by channel and customer.
- Lead team of product managers for the portfolio making certain that projects are efficiently and effectively executed within time, scope, and budget.
- Representing the business and promoting the product by advocating for its value and benefits at executive briefings, sales meetings, marketing events, tradeshows, and professional platforms and so forth.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation and deliver on our mission by applying your knowledge of strategy, cross-functional leadership, marketing, and product management.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities in your application and at interview:
- BS/BA degree
- 10+ years professional marketing and strategic leadership experience. Experience in medical device or hearing healthcare strongly preferred
- Demonstrated people leadership experience and leading teams
- Experience with development of strategic roadmap including delivery to multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams and projects with executive stakeholders, aligned to organizational goals.
- Proven ability to interact with customers and colleagues.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage conflicting deadlines and priorities.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and critical thinking skills to manage scenario and contingency plans
- Demonstrated resilience and commitment to making lasting change, ability to make short-term concessions for longer-term gains.
- Solid analytical skills with ability to derive strategy decisions based on data and facts.
- Candidate must have strong computer skills including experience with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and the Internet.
- Travel: 20-25% travel required
Physical & Mental Demands and Work Environment
The physical, mental demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position and utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information.
MENTAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, influencing and communication skills, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external).
The work environment for this role is an office environment.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits: Taarget Salary Range: $145,000 – $160,000 as well as a bonus of 15% of base salary or $21,750-$24,000. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD and LTD and Pet Insurance, 401K Matching, PTO (Vacation, Holidays, Floating Holidays, Sick and Volunteer Time Off), Tuition Reimbursement, Onsite Cafeteria and Gym, Transportation Supplementation, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Wellness Programs.
Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more about current openings! Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.