Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand. Our implantable hearing device portfolio includes cochlear implant systems (Nucleus®) and bone conduction implant systems (Baha®)
We are seeking a Sales Executive, reporting to the Eastern Regional Manager based in our Tokyo office. In this role, the successful Sales Executive will have the opportunity to expand our business.
Accountability 1: Business Development
- Focus on achieving sales targets on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Be aware of customer’s needs, and promptly provide appropriate information about Cochlear's products and services as well as related studies.
- Plan strategy and work with account partner to increase the number of cochlear implant and Baha surgeries in the area of responsibility.
- Build strong relationships with KOL and related professionals
- Work with Volunteer members in the region to increase CI awareness and support candidate hearing journey
Accountability 2: Team Working
- Record and Communicate customer information, daily activities, surgery schedules, task management, etc. in the area of responsibility to team members through SFDC.
- Work collaboratively with related departments to smoothly supply products and information and provide feedback from customers
- Work collaboratively to execute marketing initiatives, such as congresses, workshops, seminars.
Team Role (Individual contributor):
- Follow relevant quality procedures in order to deliver quality products and services and identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement. Undertake additional quality responsibilities (e.g. audit) when appropriately trained to undertake these responsibilities.
- Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables.
- Work safely, complying with all safety procedures, rules and instructions; and reporting workplace hazards, incidents or injuries to manager.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
Qualifications, background experience, knowledge, organizational knowledge, knowledge of other business activities, skills etc
- At least 3 years sales experience within medical industry
- Strong enthusiasm for achievement of allocated budget
- Good selling and communication skill
- Result oriented
- Ability to analyze and stimulate the market
- Good team player
- Ability to travel extensively
- Competent spoken English skill and basic written language skills for Cochlear’s internal processes and for better understanding of product and evidence based messaging.
- Business level Oral and written English language skills so that you can attend international conferences on CI and the Baha
In turn, you will have the unique opportunity to work in the highest leading global company in the Cochlear Implant industry.
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located on the campus of Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia to enable links to world leading hearing science research. A success story in the commercialisation of R&D, Cochlear has over 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide and operates directly in over 20 countries. Over 475,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resumes (English and Japanese) and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted.