Manufacturing Operator (Electronic Assembler)
Job no: 612980
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Cochlear team as a Manufacturing Operator (Electronic Assembler).
- Full time or part time (minimum of 3 set days / week)
- AM (6am-2pm) or PM (2pm-10pm) shift
We will provide full training to get you started, and development opportunities to grow in the company.
Electronic Assemblers play a pivotal role in assembling components and sub-assemblies for the Cochlear Implant System, by meeting productivity and quality requirements and working effectively to achieve team business outcomes.
These teams are currently based at Cochlear’s Macquarie University and Lane Cove production facilities.
What makes this opportunity unique?
- No experience needed – full training will be provided
- Flexible work arrangement
- Warm and inclusive culture
- Great opportunity to progress within manufacturing, or transfer to other departments such as Engineering, R&D, IT, Quality, and Maintenance & Calibration
- Great starting salary! Highly competitive base salary+ Annual Leave Loading + Super + Annual Bonus + Shift Loading (if applicable)
The key responsibilities include:
- Perform manufacturing tasks in line with work instructions and procedures
- Perform manufacturing tasks in line with the Cochlear Quality Management System
- Set up, maintain, operate and monitor production equipment/machines in line with work instructions, procedures & equipment care sheets
- Micro assembly, with the use of a microscope to perform complex operations
- Comply with required gowning procedures and work instructions for the purpose of product safety and adhering to Quality Management Systems requirements
About You. As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Ability to work in both our manufacturing sites: Macquarie University and Lane Cove
- Ability to follow processes and written work instructions
- Ability to read and write English – to the level of understanding work instructions, procedures & equipment care sheets
- Ability to wear manufacturing garments (for example - mask, hood, gloves, hair net, coverall)
- Ability to strictly follow Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) across our sites and within manufacturing areas. You are not permitted to wear make-up, jewelry, perfumes, and should wear wear covered flat footwear as per entry procedures into our manufacturing areas.
- Micro assembly skills (using a microscope to perform complex operations)
- Soldering experience
How we recognise your contribution
We want Cochlear to be a place where our people truly enjoy coming to work. Through our internal programs and employee benefits, we aim to create an environment where our people will feel value and supported. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive whilst balancing family or personal life commitments, then we have several programs in place to support you.
For more information about life at Cochlear, visit www.cochlearcareers.com
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now