Production Operator (Electronic Assembler)
Job no: 612980
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and the market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
A fantastic opportunity for you to join our Cochlear team as a Production Operator (Electronic Assembler) on a permanent full time basis. Electronic Assemblers play a pivotal role in assembling components and sub-assemblies for the Cochlear Implant System, by meeting productivity and quality requirements and working effectively to achieve team business outcomes.
These teams are currently based at Cochlear’s:
- Macquarie production facility - cleanroom or controlled area or non-cleanroom implant sub-assemblies
- Lane Cove production facility – cleanroom or non-cleanroom implant sub-assemblies
The key responsibilities include:
- Perform manufacturing tasks in line with work instructions and procedures
- Perform manufacturing tasks in line with the Cochlear Quality Management System
- Set up, maintain, operate and monitor production equipment/machines in line with work instructions, procedures & equipment care sheets
- Strong micro assembly skills, with the use of a microscope to perform complex operations
- Comply with required gowning procedures and work instructions for the purpose of product safety and adhering to QMS requirements
You will be initially allocated on one of our fixed shift patterns. The shift times are:
- Day shift – 6am – 2pm
- Afternoon shift – 2:15pm – 10:15pm
Flexibility between teams, site locations and shift operations is required.
Why this role is right for you?
- Micro assembly skills (using a microscope to perform complex operations)
- Soldering experience is ideal
- Ability to read and write English – to the level of understanding work instructions, procedures & equipment care sheets
- Ability to wear manufacturing garments (for example - mask, hood, gloves, hair net, coverall)
- High school leavers are welcome to apply!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™). If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now