Job no: 612993
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Administration, Customer Service, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
The Cochlear Care Centre’s key objective is to provide access to high quality audiological care for recipients with a Cochlear Implantable Hearing Solution. The center delivers clinical assessment of candidates for suitability for implantable solutions, and support following surgery. This is a truly unique opportunity for a Customer Support / Medical Receptionist who is seeking part time work (2 days per week) to join our thriving Cochlear Care Centre in Geelong.
The Medical Receptionist is responsible for organising and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure clinic effectiveness and efficiency. This role will often be patients’ first point of contact with the clinic and play an integral part in forming positive relationships in the community.
- Manage phone and email inquiries to the clinic in a professional manner
- Manage the scheduling system, including booking and confirming appointments
- Provide initial information and develop and maintain client records from customer inquiries
- Provide excellent customer service to clients when they present at the clinic
- Understand the processes (including creating quotes and requesting money through the appropriate portals) for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) and process payments accordingly
- Understand the Medicare billing process and action accordingly
- Maintain stock of spare parts at the Cochlear Care Centre (CCC) for both Hearing Australia clients and private patients as per the CCC ‘Kanban’ system
- In consultation with the site Cochlear Care Centre Clinical Lead, manage the exchange of parts at ‘switch on’ deemed unsuitable and check for completeness of orders of implant systems and remedy errors in supply
- Provide device troubleshooting assistance to clients in person, over the phone and/or via email
- Provide spare parts where possible to keep patients ‘on the air’ or advise of available support options from Hearing Australia or Cochlear
- Liaise with the Audiologists regarding issues that require their expertise; refer client to appropriate Audiologist for any billable testing associated with troubleshooting
- Support and facilitate programs run by the clinic to enhance recipient awareness and use of technology solutions as required
- Ensure device and technology knowledge is up to date and ensure best customer service; completing and attending training, as required
- Provide general administration support to the staff within the Geelong Centre, and for East Melbourne and Dandenong Cochlear Care Centres, as needed
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in reception/office administration role or equivalent
- Strong computer skills, including ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheets, and word processing
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexibly
- Must be able to work independently as well as a part of a team
- High attention to detail and detail oriented
- Ability to occasionally travel to Melbourne and/or Dandenong CCCs for training, team building or leave cover purposes, as required
- Experience in preparation of reports
- Experience in process improvement
- Experience in a health care/ medical clinic setting
- Experience with Practice Management software/Medicare Billing
Working for Cochlear:
For 40 years, Cochlear has been creating reliable products that continue to keep people connected to the world and to each other. We help people of all ages to hear in more than 180 countries around the world. Our technology connects people to life's possibilities and to the people who matter most. We have over 4000 employees globally dedicated to improving people's lives. To date, we have Invested over $2bil to date in research and development.
Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – The global leader in implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now