Job no: 613002
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Engineering, Manufacturing & Logistics, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
We have an exciting 12-month FTC opportunity for a Process Engineer to join our manufacturing team at our global headquarters in Macquarie University.
The purpose of the role is to develop stable and reliable manufacturing processes, support supply chain or manufacturing improvement projects, or ensure we have the capabilities to manufacture our increasing volumes.
- Develop stable and reliable manufacturing processes within Cochlear and at suppliers of manufactured components.
- To support the supply chain and R&D group project execution by developing and implementing safe, scalable, stable and robust manufacturing processes across the manufacturing network for new and commercially already available product.
- Ensure that manufacturing processes and associated documents comply with Cochlear QMS and international regulation (e.g. WI, PFMEA).
- Responsible for meeting the manufacturing strategy by relocating/duplicating processes across the manufacturing network.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering. Prefer Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aeronautical, Biomedical or Mechatronics.
- 2 years+ experience in a similar Manufacturing role within a highly regulated industry
- Experience in working within a Quality Management system
- Experience in working within Manufacturing Management system (e.g. LEAN)
- Proven competencies in problem solving, design, manufacturing/business process development and personal influence
- Experience with project management tools
- Opportunity to be part of a global leader
- Exposure to a broad range of internal stakeholders, including senior managers
- Flexible work arrangement
- Very stable company, with high growth projections
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now