Director IT Networks and Telecommunications Services
Job no: 613015
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Asia Pacific, Oceania, People Manager
Cochlear (ASX: COH) is an iconic Australian company, with a rich history and reputation for innovation and developing class leading technology in implantable hearing solutions. Operating with a global remit, we are seeking an experienced Network and Telecommunications infrastructure enthusiast to join our dynamic and truly global Sydney head-quartered IT function.
At Cochlear, we continue to invest in our IT infrastructure to develop flexible and scalable IT solutions to meet the growing demands of our business. We currently have a new opportunity for a passionate and collaborative individual to make a significant contribution and continue Cochlear's successful history of innovation through the application of knowledge and expertise across cloud and on-premise networking and telephony infrastructure.
Leading a team of Systems Engineers based across Asia, Europe and the Americas, you will be responsible for the planning, delivery and evolution of our IT network and communication technologies supporting Cochlear’s current and future business needs.
Internally, you will develop collaborative relationships with the Architecture and Security teams, Program Management Office, Hosting, End User Computing and Service Delivery colleagues along with other key business stakeholders. Externally, you will manage our critical vendors and together, facilitate long term strategic partnerships to support the development and delivery of our infrastructure roadmap.
In addition, you will drive operational excellence and utilise your significant IT Infrastructure experience to evaluate potential new cloud focused solutions with a view to simplifying business practices and contributing to the delivery of Cochlear’s business goals and objectives.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Extensive experience in a regional or global IT communications/network management role with budget responsibility.
- Experience managing IT Networks to support a hybrid private and public cloud hosted environment
- Authentic leadership style with exceptional Emotional Intelligence, you have a strong track record of developing people and driving a solution focused, customer-oriented approach across a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience of inhouse and outsourced service delivery, familiar with managing 3rd party infrastructure service providers and driving vendor performance
- Demonstrated experience leading implementations across a complex set of technologies including SD-WAN, wifi, telephony, firewalls, load balancers both on-premise and cloud hosted.
- Knowledge of IT project management and Agile methodologies and experience developing business cases and decision point documents.
- Demonstrated ability to build common goals across business groups and develop policies and standards for data, voice and wireless networking across a complex, global business.
- Service Management/ITIL framework experience
- Tertiary qualifications in IT, Computer Science or Engineering.
Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now