Job no: 613028
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, Individual Contributor
We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer on a permanent full-time basis based in our Newstead offices.
At Cochlear, hearing is our passion. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
- Translate product requirements into design solutions to ensure user needs are met
- Perform circuit simulation and use other tools to achieve first-time-right designs
- Create electrical circuit schematics
- Design state of the art PCBs for Cochlear products
- Collaborate with external suppliers for PCB manufacture
- Support PCBA production to ensure excellent quality
- Build, debug and characterise prototypes to minimise the cost to Cochlear of design iterations
- Collaborate cross-functionally and remove boundaries to ensure designs integrate with other functions (ASIC, FW, mechanical, manufacturing, production test systems etc)
- Write and review design documentation (including risk analysis, failure analysis, dFMEAs, design descriptions, verification protocols and reports) such that Cochlear design procedures are adhered to and design knowledge is maintained
- Perform verification of electronic designs against requirements and functional specifications to guarantee that product development outcomes are met
- Research and investigate new concepts and technologies which enable Cochlear to maintain its place as the technology leader for hearing solutions
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Good understanding of electronic circuits and components
- Experience with electrical CAD tools for schematic capture and simulation
- Experience with complex PCB layout using Altium or similar CAD tools
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with consumer electronics, medical devices or a highly regulated industry
- Experience with audio circuits, RF circuits and wireless communication
- Experience with the Python programming language or embedded firmware
- Experience with PCB and PCBA manufacture
- Being mentored by experienced electrical Engineers
- Significant exposure to other parts of the business (New Product Industrialisation, Mechanical, Systems, Test, Regulatory, and Quality)
- Good career development path
- Flexible work arrangement
- Very stable company, with high growth projections
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now