Product Configuration Specialist
Job no: 613031
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Change Management, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Configuration Specialist to join our Research & Development team in our Macquarie University Head Office. This is a fantastic role which will involve planning, managing, and supporting the project Engineer Teams to create and release the product data record in our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to join a growing, global company and play a key role in setting, maintaining and enforcing product configuration and change management standards across Cochlear.
Your responsibilities will include…
Configuration Management Planning and Procedures
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on project configuration management requirements and develop the plans and procedures to describe the process for creating and maintaining the product data record in the PLM System.
- Develop guidelines and training materials for the Project Engineering Teams that provide advice, examples and practical tips on how to create, promote and change objects in the PLM System
Manage and Support the Product Data Record Configuration
- Using your expert level knowledge in configuration management processes, work with the project Engineering Teams and regional representatives to support the ongoing use of the PLM system.
- Communicate with external suppliers in relation to the applicable configuration, including the use of multiple part and document versions and use of information from the PLM system
PLM System, User Support and Team Support
- Support and work with the Project Engineering Teams and various manufacturing sites to ensure that the product data record configuration is complete and aligned with the Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) system.
- Interrogate the PLM system to identify any errors in the applied lifecycle states of parts and documents enabled across multiple manufacturing sites and correct the errors, improve the process or provide training to the users
Configuration System Compliance
- Participate as a project configuration SME during the projects Change Control Board (CCB) and the Change Review Board (CRB) meetings as required to discuss the change impact to the product data record configurations
- Review performance at the Configuration Management Council and collaborate with others performing similar roles at other Cochlear sites to share knowledge and ensure consistency of approach and application
- Expertise in configuration baseline management, product applicability and change management
- Expert level knowledge on the configuration management functions, principles, standards and requirements
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Experience resolving difficult problems and producing solutions using judgement inside and outside established procedures
- Experience of working in global organisations
- Experience with the Windchill PLM tool
Developmental Value of the role
The successful candidate will have the brilliant opportunity to work in a growing, modern, high-technology company and gain knowledge and experience in the rapidly expanding medical devices industry. This is a high visibility role, where you will get the chance to work with many system users across a diverse range of business areas, including Engineering, Manufacturing, Repair, Logistics, Procurement, Clinical and Marketing. You will be the subject matter expert in the field of product configuration management and gain recognition for establishing standards and implementing best practices.
Hear now. And always. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We have provided more than 600,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with leading clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now