User Interface & Digital Experience Designer
Job no: 612050
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Individual Contributor, User Experience Design
Cochlear is an iconic Australian company, synonymous for over 35 years with innovation and class leading technology development in implantable hearing solutions. Operating with a global remit, we are seeking a passionate, experienced Digital UI/UX Designer with strong visual design skills to join our growing Sydney-based Digital Experience Design team.
In support of Cochlear’s global digital strategy, this position is responsible for contributing to the delivery of world-class digital user experiences that support and connect our customer needs and behaviours with business goals and value proposition.
Key to your success in this role will be your ability to leverage your deep understanding of digital disciplines and UX methodologies on web and mobile projects to develop designs through research, analytics, workflow diagrams, sketches, interactive prototypes and useability testing/insights.
About the role
You will play a key role in shaping our customer experience by focusing on three key outcomes;
- Design and deliver user centred digital experiences across portfolio of digital products that align to the digital experience strategy
- Create suitable visual designs and design artefacts to ensure the products are on brand as well as intuitive and delightful to use.
- Advocate best practice and contribute to building a culture of human-centred design at Cochlear
- Organized, detail orientated, self-directed and comfortable working on multiple projects in an agile environment
- Experienced across multiple digital disciplines including web, social, email, mobile, and search/analytics (fluid channel delivery)
- Comfortable working with development teams to ensure design artefacts are delivered to the development teams in the required format and in an organised and timely manner
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with the ability defend and build consensus around human-centred design process
- Ability to present to stakeholders and sell a design strategy or content strategy and its processes
- UX design software proficiency with Sketch, InVision, and Abstract or competitor equivalent
- Experience using UX design and documentation tools for prototyping, persona creation, journey mapping, experience canvas, epics/user stories, usability testing and analysis, and stakeholder presentations.
APPLY NOW and be part of something purposeful and life changing
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now