Senior Research Software Engineer
Job no: 613040
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, IT, Western Europe, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people Hear and Be Heard. Our Algorithms and Applications Team is currently looking for a Senior Research Software Engineer, based in our location in Mechelen.
The Senior Research Software Engineer is part of a team of research Software engineers, whose responsibility is the creation of investigational device software and research tools using a variety of technologies, i.e. desktop, mobile and cloud computing. Specific to this role is the focus on mobile research tools, made possible by the connectivity between the sound processor and the mobile device. This role specifically encompasses the software systems engineering responsibility that requires the person to have a very good view on the entire Hearing Implant system and its capabilities.
- Responsible for the full software prototype development cycle: design, coding, testing, deployment, and documentation.
- Contribute to application code in C# in a .NET/WPF environment.
- Contribute to application code in Swift in Xcode environment.
- Contribute to cloud development and deployment on the AWS platform.
- High-quality design and development
- Develop and perform unit tests, perform integration tests
- Participate in verification activities when necessary or appropriate
- Define the overall software architecture, including partitioning of the software across desktop, mobile and cloud platforms.
- Write and maintain technical documentation of the module or subproject.
- Ability to communicate openly and constructively with other team members, and knowledge sharing within the team and across teams
- Follow internal project procedures and apply the required design controls
- Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables
- Master’s degree in software engineering or electrical engineering.
- Good knowledge of object-oriented software development, specifically C# and Swift.
- Familiar with Agile development
- Innovation mindset, advanced prototyping
- Strong interest in and experience with quality management systems and standards for software design
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Affinity with the hardware-software interface and electronics technology
- Ability to have a broad perspective on technical development.
- Proven experience in handling requirements and design documents.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
What we offer
- An attractive renumeration package and flexible extra-legal benefits
- An extensive onboarding and training program
- An enjoyable work environment with attention to life-work balance and homeworking
- A stimulating environment with growth opportunities and opportunity to meet multi-disciplinary colleagues across the globe
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age. In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now