Job no: 613066
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Oceania, Individual Contributor
At Cochlear, hearing is our passion. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
We are offering a 12 month fixed term contract for an experienced Process Engineer to join our Process Engineering team as part of our Cochlear Brisbane Operations Manufacturing division based in Newstead. This operation manufactures all external accessory components and implants PCAs.
Under the Process Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for delivering documented external products and processes through Electronic and mechanical design, process development, validation, and verification.
- Design and develop mature and capable manufacturing processes for new products
- Establish process requirement, conduct risk assessment (PFMEA) & implement manufacturing controls
- Providing in-house process/product design, development, and validation for medical consumer applications as part of a cross-functional team
- Supporting Manufacturing engineering and Product Lifecyle Engineering in the resolution of process issues, moulding issues, including tooling reviews, optimization, and continuous improvement
- Conducting risk assessments of the impact of proposed design, Process and specification changes upon receipt of consumers/internal changes
- Support the reliability Engineer to conduct and analyse product verification testing.
- Support Senior Process Engineers with process characterisation including process validation plan, build management, build report and analysis.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in design of consumer mechanical parts and assemblies, injection mould tooling, production jigs, and fixtures. You will have a background as a qualified Engineer (Mechanical or Mechatronics) and experience working within a Quality Management System, with exposure to CAE software (specifically ProEngineer), along with proven competency in fault analysis and statistical techniques.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now