Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Process Engineering to join our Brisbane team supporting the Supply Chain and Research and Development groups.
This role supports project execution by developing and implementing safe, scalable, stable, and robust manufacturing processes across the manufacturing network at Cochlear.
This is a unique opportunity which will expose you to the importance of strategic alignment as you set team development strategies and introduce manufacturing technologies which are aligned with Cochlear’s long-term strategy.
Your responsibilities will include…
• Establish, develop and coach team to meet current and future business needs.
• Develop and drive short to mid-term (1-3 years) department strategy.
• Lead, direct and control activities of a department to achieve the short and medium-term financial and operating objectives set by the overall organization business plan.
• Set standards and pace for the implementation of change, improvement initiatives across the function.
• Solve complex problems and issues which may require broad- based solutions. Budget department financial expenses and headcount in order to deliver on business objectives. Prioritizes project to deliver on business priorities.
• Influence/ negotiate with others to accept complete proposals, practices and approaches. Ability to communicate and influence executive leadership.
To be successful in this role you will need to hold a postgraduate degree or equivalent and will demonstrate a broad skill set of people, financial and operational management.
You are experienced at collaborating with the output of product design teams, suppliers and production utilising your strong leadership.
With a strong track records of exceptional long- and short-term decision-making skills you are comfortable influencing at all levels of the business.
You are capable and excited about leading the forefront of Process Engineering strategies for a world-renowned company.
Hear now. And always. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We have provided more than 600,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with leading clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company.