Software Engineer (E-Commerce)
Job no: 613075
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard.
Join Cochlear’s Sydney-based headquarters as a Software Engineer. You will have the exciting opportunity to work on our new online eCommerce store, providing ongoing development and improvement of the eCommerce experience in a continuous delivery environment. This great role will have you working a complex software engineering product that is integrated across multiple technology domains.
You will be responsible for:
- Development of new functionality for Cochlear’s eCommerce platform, ensuring that developed solutions are well designed, testable, and efficiently written within specified timeframes.
- Contributing to the development and improvement of engineering process as outlined by the software engineering team.
- Follow and maintain DevOps best practice for development, such as CI/CD and automation practices for the eCommerce platform.
- Working with internal and external customers across different functional areas to understand their needs and translate them into application designs taking account of environment, performance & security requirements and existing systems.
- Contribute to software design activities in specific areas of expertise with a focus on outcome and long-term strategic alignment
- Identify and implement innovative improvements and engage the appropriate parties across the organisation to undertake the work required in implementing those improvements.
- Work closely with team members to implement and support integration between different technologies and developed applications.
- Tertiary qualification relevant field of computing or at least 5 years’ experience in a full lifecycle commercial software engineering environment, including 2+ years as a software engineer.
- Strong integration experience building REST APIs, with a solid understanding of integration patterns
- Experience with building CI/CD automation in a DevOps environment and with cloud-hosted technologies such as AWS
- Experience with DevOps practices including Source Code Management (Git) and CI/CD automation
- Experience with the following technologies are a plus:
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) or Demandware
- Boomi or comparable integration platforms
- Content management system such as Sitecore
- Use of Atlassian tools for software development
Development Value of this role:
This is a fantastic role which will give the successful candidate the ability to work with latest development technologies. You will work on global projects that have a great impact for Cochlear business partners and customers. Be part of work that truly makes a difference in people’s lives!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now